Which comes first......

elasmovideo

I'm thinking of getting a pair of clown fish and want a nem for them. My question is, which should I add to my tank first, the fish or the nem, or does it matter?

seafansar

It doesn't really matter what order you add them, but you're tank needs to be very mature and stable with good water quality to add an anemone while clowns can tolerate less "pristine" water.

GrendelPrime

im not sure if u have in another post but what kind of tank are u running, how long has it been set up and what kind of lights are u rocking?

elasmovideo

I have a 29 gal thats been running for about 4 months and my lights are going to be T5 HO's..... I'm not planning on adding this until I have all the things I need....my T5 lights I had blew a balast so I'm trying to find one to replace it.... these are just ideas we are tossing aroud for future planning....

Thanks for the info though!

Slickcg33

I would suggest adding the nem first as long as you can properly do so. The thinking behind this is, if you add the anemone fist it can get established in the tank. Once an anemone is established it can tolerate a lot more then one just being introduced to the tank. One issue with adding a nem second, is the clowns jumping right into it and roughing it up before it can even get it self comfy so to speak. If you went this method it would have to deal with being new to the tank and having some abusive residence all at the same time.