Where to point the left return?

Mark9

Has been struck by the ban stick
Where are people pointing the left return (600 gph pump)?
If I point it down, it moves ALOT of sand.
If I point it up, I get a huge rolling wave at the top with some splashing and noise.
If I point it straight at the glass, I get sand movement AND splashing.
It's like I can't win, just cannot find an optimal spot.
What I'd like to do is somehow split it, but do it in a way that doesn't look unsightly.
Suggestions?

oops, this is on a 250.

Mark9

orieng

When I had the 250 it was angled to the left with a upward tilt.. You have to find your own sweet point . Experimenting is the key

About a 70 degree angle and toward the left center of glass for me. I was having leaking issues from surface waves on my RSM 250c. That solved it for me.

I installed locline piping and the spade outputs,

Both returns are pointed towards the surface skimmer,,,

I depend on my vortech's for circulating the tank... kicks up all the gunk and then gets caught in the quick currents of the stock outlet pipes straight into the surface skimmer...

also creates great surface turbulence shooting water into the skimmer...

Cankers

I also installed loclines on both my return pumps. I also have two mp10s that create some good flow in my tank!

Mark9

Yes, it's what I ended up doing as well, now I have way better control on the flow

P1070566_zpsbcb1340f.jpg

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Glad you fixed your issue with the left return nozzle. :thumbup:
As many of the RSM 250 owners that have had to modify it to keep the sand bed in place on that side of the tank, You'd think that Red Sea would have included some modification to it in the RSM C-250.
It's a waste of good water flow with out better direction IMO.