When can I introduce soft corals?

I have had my tank for 30 days now and introduced cuc over the weekend.

When can I introduce my first couple of softies?

Water stats are stable with PH at 8.1 and phosphate is nil. Temp is 78 degrees and salt 1.025

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
anytime after your cycle is complete, you can add cuc, 1st coral, 1st fish (or pair)

I would suggest adding only a few corals, maybe 1 or 2 every couple weeks and only 1 fish a month (or a pair)

frisbee

How big is your tank? What kind of lighting do you have? These sort of need to be matched accordingly for corals to survive long term as well.

How big is your tank? What kind of lighting do you have? These sort of need to be matched accordingly for corals to survive long term as well.

I have a Fluval sea reef M90 tank with stock led lights. Researched and ok for keeping soft corals, not sure about any other types though.

As a starter tank happy to stuck with softies and hardy fish such as clowns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

anytime after your cycle is complete, you can add cuc, 1st coral, 1st fish (or pair)

I would suggest adding only a few corals, maybe 1 or 2 every couple weeks and only 1 fish a month (or a pair)

Great will look to buy a couple of corals.

Not planning on buying fish for another 2 or 3 weeks and then adding a pair of common clown fish.

Thanks for the link, we start to research coral keeping

Today I was given 2 soft corals to start my coral collection, been in water for about 10 hours.

The only problem is I don't know what they are, can you help?

and

Really pleased with how they are colouring up and how the first one is opening up to the flow created by wave maker!!

mikecc

Best way to go, IMNSHO, is to figure out what you want, list them, then decide on the order of stocking.

Just been looking at a couple of LPS in acans and candy canes and they appear to be quite hardy.

Are they ok for a new tank with stable water conditions or a bit of a risk?

What coral would you add next, have another week or so before I add another couple of frags?

Should stick to softies but would luv to move to LPS but might be a step to far for a new tank and newbie keeper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dracko

Thanks for the list. Helps a lot. Still trying to decide how far I want to go with this tank.