What's wrong with my linkia?

winschuc

It keeps curling up into a ball. The peppermint shrimp pick at it a little bit. Is it ok? Or is it dying.

nemuha9u.jpg
e4u9ese7.jpg

forestal

To my knowledge linkia are very hard to care for and little is known of their diet, they may take a year to starve to death so often they look pretty are sold all the time as if they are easy

winschuc

Ok, thanks. Guess ill keep an eye on it for a few more days and pull it if things go further south. Funny thing is that I any seem to find any info on this balling up behavior anywhere.

winschuc

It looks like that one is propping up. Mine is literally wrapped in a ball at the bottom. I'll see what happens, looks like it won't last long, but hopefully I'm wrong.

winschuc

It did for a day. Woke up and it was dead. The only thing I can think is that my peppermint shrimp beat it to death.

Steve L

I tried a red one a few months ago and it was dead within a few weeks. It started off with what looked like a small wound on one leg then it gradually got bigger. Finally I noticed it just never moved and I pulled it.

LFS's just love selling beautiful critters that won't live more than a few weeks after you buy them. Doing your own research before buying anything pays off in the long run.

gbose

I've had no luck with Starfish either. I had a sand-sifter and a fromia; both died after about 6 months.....researched and found they really need a larger tank (I have a RSM130).

winschuc

Its really annoying, I've got an 8" brittle and a serpent about the same size. They've been doing fine for months. I guess it was just the luck of the draw. Similar to my clam

It's unfortunate, but I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who has had problems with stars.

winschuc

One of the worst parts was flushing it. I was honestly scared it would get stuck, since it's so rigid, and I would have to explain to the wife why an orange leg was poking out of the bowl. Especially when I sent her this a few days ago.

e7y7yjeq.jpg