Whats wrong with my blue lined Wrasse?

mike810

Theres something wrong with my blue lined wrasse. His right fin has some white spots and looks like a piece of his fin is missing. There a small wound...small circle in front of his right fin. looks like a bite mark or something. Is this ich or did one of my fishes nip at his right fin?

I forgot to mention that it seems like he is not using that right fin to swim right now

5ww8xd.jpg

sg7e35.jpg

leebca

Check out the Internet for photos of marine fishes with Lymph. See it what you see matches. Lymph looks like a clump of cauliflower. It isn't fuzzy, just clumps.

If what you see is 'in' the fin and fuzzy (I can't tell from the photo), it is most like an infection. The photo I see can't help me distinguish. So if you can, make your diagnosis. If you're still uncertain, I need better, close up photos.

mike810

Maybe a fungus or poss. Lymphocystis. It is hard to tell from the pic. Is he still eating/acting normal?

Looked up lymphocystis online. Doesn't look like it. He is eating and acting normal except he isn't using his right fin to swim. I will try to take a better picture when he is out and about. Right now he is hiding somewhere.

mike810

well today my blue lined wrasse came out and to my horror. it looked like fungus had taken over its fin and wound. i was able to catch him and bag him. took him to the LFS and the owner was nice enough to take him back and i exchanged him for a marine betta. I bought the blue lined wrasse about a week ago so i was pretty surprised when he offered the exchange. :jumprope: