What's happening to my Xenia?!?!?:(

jake9015

Came home today to find that the coral looks like its been eaten. Looked fine this morning and every other coral looks fine. Please help:(. Thanks.
3fa1cec6.jpg

477134ee.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Xenia is well known to shrink, wilt, pout for days on end for no apparent reason. Also it's worth noting that Xenia is notorious for literally melting away to nothing for no apparent reason and there's nothing that can be done to alter this process. On the flip side it's also not uncommon for it to melt away to nothing and then in a few months see some left over tissue start to regrow again.

lzrlvr

you should feel lucky if i were you i would play the lottery.antheilia must die!they are cool but they can also take off and become dominant.do not let them take over kill them antheilia must die! killl them kill them kill them! kill antheilia please kill them kill them kill them.

jake9015

Alright. Is there anything I should do? I mean it literally looks like someone ate it. Anyways I will be performing a water change on wednesday or should I wait until its totally melted?

kain101

. On the flip side it's also not uncommon for it to melt away to nothing and then in a few months see some left over tissue start to regrow again.

+1 xenia is a strange coral, it will disappear when it is ready, and come back when it wants

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I've never noticed any parameter shift due to Xenia doing this and that was even in a 10g frag tank that had a TON of Xenia.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Nobody said do a water change so i will. Do a water change. They are your wc reminder coral.

........milli's hate me.

Tokalosh

you should feel lucky if i were you i would play the lottery.anthelia must die!they are cool but they can also take off and become dominant.do not let them take over kill them anthelia must die! kill them kill them kill them! kill anthelia please kill them kill them kill them.

Not all of us hate them, in fact I think that they add a lot of character to ones tank!

Nobody said do a water change so i will. Do a water change. They are your wc reminder coral.

........milli's hate me.

You said it mate, these corals are my early warning system for my tank followed very closely by my fire coral.

Tok

lbiminiblue

Not all of us hate them, in fact I think that they add a lot of character to ones tank!

You said it mate, these corals are my early warning system for my tank followed very closely by my fire coral.

Tok
I bought a few stalks...IF they begin spreading around profusely...(i imagine they will) will other stinging corals get rid of them to give themselves room to breathe? I mean will the xenia be killed by lets say a torch or frogspawn.

Tokalosh

I bought a few stalks...IF they begin spreading around profusely...(i imagine they will) will other stinging corals get rid of them to give themselves room to breathe? I mean will the xenia be killed by lets say a torch or frogspawn.

I would not say get rid of them but they will beat them into submission. As for spreading round "profusely" I think not.
They do take sometime to spread and I do mean some time.

Tok