what to feed?

I used to feed a mix of frozen cubed blood worms and brine shrimp. The LFS today recommended the cubed mysis and brine shrimps. The mysis shrimps are huge and non of my fish touched it. I have two green chromis, african wrasse, clown, and blue tang.

What do you guys recommend? I was recommended to Larry's Reef Frenzy PREMIUM FOOD except it doesn't look like he ships out to the west coast...

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I use Larry's food exclusively now. Maybe drop Larry and note and see if you can work something out. Maybe get with a couple of local reefers in your area (or club members if you belong to one) and get an order together. I have to say it's worth the efforts.... my tank LOVES Larry's food.

I use Larry's food exclusively now. Maybe drop Larry and note and see if you can work something out. Maybe get with a couple of local reefers in your area (or club members if you belong to one) and get an order together. I have to say it's worth the efforts.... my tank LOVES Larry's food.

Interesting....I'll try that. Thanks!

Choff

I just switched to Larry's as well. In addition I use new life spectrum sinking pellets that I will soak in selcon or vitachem. I also feed reef chili and reef roids powders. I also use mysis again soaked in selcon. I vary the feedings.

I used to use another local mix like Larry's, but his is way cleaner. A board member here (PSU) got a lfs to try Larry's up in mass and now carries it. If you have a relationship with your lfs its worth a shot. The stuff is amazing. Sooo clean.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

I got a reply from Larry that at the moment he doesn't ship to the west coast.....so I'm kinda bummed!

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Is the reef chilli good? Is that for coral only or fish or both? And do you ha e to manually fees coral by placing food on them like zoanthids or yellow polyps?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Choff

Too bad about Larry. As for the Reef chili, I really like it. I thought it was just a coral food, but my fish go nuts for it too. I have anthias, chromis and clowns.

I mostly use it during the day, but sometimes I do night feedings. I turn off my sump pump, mix some chili in water and dump it in with just the power heads running for about an hour before turning the main pump back on. I do also occasionally target feed with it. A little goes a long way with that stuff.

Sent using Tapatalk 2