What the heck is this?????

jimboslice

Re: WTF is this?????

Looks like a stomatella to me. I have a black and a few grown in my tank also. They have been cruising around in the day time allot lately. I hope mine breed.

I have an elephant snail in my tank that looks similar to the pic but the shell is white and is mostly covered by its "skin"

BigJay

keep your tank extra dirty and you most likely will see more pop up. :) . I'd buy a few!

Snelly40

i like that u guys would buy them, but i dont know if i can keep my tank extra dirty..but maybe we'll be lucky and just have more pop up :)

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard

Not sure what that is. That looks kinda big for a Stomo, not shaped right for a Chiton but reminds me of a Black Keyhole. That is a blue shell, you can see the growth lines, so all of these ID's are out IMHO. Still looking.............

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard

Greg (Frameguy) gets the prize :D I believe it is a Blue Shelled Stometella, which I would assume are kinda rare. I found it by pure luck on a search when I mispelled the name :lol:

294178423_e0590a031e_m.jpg

Snelly40

great, and htose are def reef safe??

Thanks so much guys, and sorry cant get more pics b/c i cant find him today, next time he shows up i'll snap some more

i had a brown one and a couple of days ago it was standing up and spitting out eggs and my yellow tail damsle was eating the eggs

Snelly40

well well well, i was looking at my tank today and he has doubled in size, about the size of a quarter, i dont see him much as most people say he likes to keep hidden, but.......
there was a smaller one right next to the bigger one, lets hope for babies!!!!

i'll keep you guys updated, i cant believe there are 2 now!

Snelly40

you guys are on the list, not sure how these guys breed or what not, so i'll do my best to keep u updated.
My cardinals are pregnant also, and my clowns seem to be getting more and more protective of the cave next to their anemone which is new so maybe they are getting ready too!!!!

jbubbles

i have an all black one in my reef tank was small 1 year ago, but has doubled in size, it does not bother anything on my reef loves brown algae

D3monic

I want one TOO! At this rate you should start an auction on the first babies that pop up...if they stay the blue color I would urge you to try and breed them. I am sure plenty of people got stuff they would love to trade for those...id pay for shipping and a couple of extra bucks for one or two thats for sure.

Snelly40

how would one go about breeding these?
i would hate to put them in a different location and accidentally cut off their food supply.
I guess i could just wwait for many little ones to show up and pick them out as i see them.
I will keep you guys posted !!!