What T5s with corner tank

sambrinar

That LED light is expensive, but it is supposed to last several years and decrease your electric bill substantally. So in the long run you save money. I just ordered one, so We'll see. Again I was just tossing out an Idea. good luck. I love those corner tanks :)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Amanda & Brenda...

I think that the LED fixture deserves some much deeper investigation. Good advice Brenda!!! :)

Amanda, you need to think long term and look into the LED unit. Bulb replacement on the MH unit will make up for the initial cost savings in just a couple of years. Energy saved is just a BONUS and HEAT not generated is just ICING on the cake. I think this unit should be at least looked into and possible discussed with Steve at CD :)

coraldynamics

RS Sponsor
Hi Amanda, I was asked to chime in here. I will be glad to answer any questions you may have about our AquariumLED lamp.

I read thru the thread but I didn't see where you posted the size or dimensions of your tank. Can you provide those numbers? Thanks.

coraldynamics

RS Sponsor
54g AGA Corner Bowfront. Two back sides are 27", 22" tall. The bow is 38".

Ah I see. I wish I could tell you different, but I don't think the AquariumLED lamp will fit the bill on this tank. You would end up with dark corners unless you added additional supplemental T5's or PC's - or you would need two of the AquariumLED's to cover.

I appreciate the recommendations from Al and Brenda, but I just don't think it one lamp will suffice with this footprint.

forddna

Yep. I figure, I'll try this 70w, and if I want more, I'll look into a 150w. Like I said - I really only care about being able to keep LPS and zoas in this particular tank.