• Bare bottom

Votes: 17 10.4%
  • Crushed Coral

Votes: 21 12.9%
  • Caribbean Sand (Southdown, etc...)

Votes: 100 61.3%
  • Black Sand

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Other (let us know what with a comment below...)

Votes: 23 14.1%

• Total voters

Frankie

RS STAFF
after having a dsb of agronite in the 90 i opt for bb this time round with the 120. Seems good so far. all the water tests check out great and the tank cycled faster then it did with the dsb. I painted the bottom black from under to keep the light out from the fuge. It is a chore to clean though if not kept up on. But i like the way the rock looks sitting on the black bottom glass. I dont see coraline growth on the bottom either. Will be nice though i hope when it dose grow.

prow

Cartman89 said:
WOW, looks like caribbean sand wins by a land slide.
i think its really aragonite sand that is the winner. caribbean and southdown are aragonite sands. just FIY

Yarr

I have BB setup atm but i am in the process of changing it all both in my 100 and 180 to a 2-3 inch sugar sized sand bed

MitchellDD

Frank's BB setup is rather "purdy"
But thats seeing it in person
I actually like the idea of all walls covered in coralline, especially if you are doing a sps specific tank or a "rock Jungle"
I have a thin layer of fiji pink sand for cosmetic purposes really
However, in my next tank i am going to try red and blue shrooms, just working out minor details on cleaning and placement. . . . . shouldnt be to difficult.

Frankie

RS STAFF
You can blow water across the bottom with the wide fan attachment on a power head. Like the ones you just got me for the lockline. this will help keep crap off the bottom and in the water colum.