What should I stock in my 155g tank?!?!?!?

Bischoff1SBeast

I need some info on stocking my 155g reef tank.....I was thinking about 1 Yellow Tang, 1 Blue Hippo Tang, 1 Sailfin Tang, 1 Green Mandarin Goby, 2 True percula Clowns, 2 Banggai Cards, 1 Flame Angel, 2 FireFish Gobys, and 2 cleaner shrimp, I think this is overstocked but you tell me!!!!!!::bump:

Jeremy0322

For a tank that size I dont think that is overdoing it. If you are going to do the tangs get them small and introduce them from least aggressive to most aggressive.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

You have a good size tank there... go slow... but what you suggested seems reasonable to me, I saw a sailfin yesterday at my lsf, the size of a quarter, but I have been told they do get pretty big.

Jeremy0322

The sailfin could be a questionable addition thats for sure, but based upon the success I have seen in tanks that are smaller than that coupled with the suggested tank size on many of the online retailers I would go ahead and try it and see what happens. Have good flow, plenty of hiding spots, get it small, and keep it on a very good diet and it along with the rest of the fish in the tank will benefit for sure.

Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Sailfin Tang
Sailfin Tang, Pacific Sailfin Tang - Zebrasoma veliferum

Bischoff1SBeast

Or could i do 1 Yellow Tang, 1 Blue Hippo Tang, 2 Firefish Gobys, 2 True Percula Clowns, 1 Flame Angel, 2 Cleaner Shrimp, 2 Bangaii Cardinals, and 1 Green Mandarin Goby?!?!?!?! :)