What should I buy next?

tippMANn98

Has been struck by the ban stick
I have my bio cube 29...
my thread

So far, I have a small colony(14 polyps) neon green center zoos, 1 set of ring of fire zoos, and a colony of(20/25 polyps) dk green/teal zoos. Thats the left side(higer flow) then right side(gonna be the mushroom side) one green ric, and 1/3 green/neon orange rics. I was thinking about(and waiting for) a pulsing zenia for on top, right in the middle(see pic) and i was looking for some suggestions on what YOU think should go in there(something nice, colorful, not too boring, NOT ANYMORE GREEN, and a SOFT CORAL, no sps, it could be a lps, as long as it can handle minimal lighting until i upgrade to 108w.

What do you think...remember try to keep them SOFT..thanks...

caitrina

If you add Zenia, make sure you can easily harvest it later because it is a fast grower and can and will spread all over that tank if it is not attended.
I guess it is kind of like "weeds" of the ocean...lol

tippMANn98

check out my tank pic, I was planning on the top of the shelf ledge RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE, I was thinkin, its a pretty easy spot to work with...

normal_tankprogress%234-2.jpg

lcstorc

How about a nice leather? I have seen some really pretty yellow ones that would look nice. Or you could give an lps a try. I love frogspawn and hammers but beware that they can/will sting nearby corals. Could be some help keeping the xenia in control actually.
Just some ideas to toss around.

tippMANn98

right now with my 72 watts of light ontop of about 24 gallons of water, i love frogspawn, just afraid of it dying, and don't leathers just get too big, i tried to keep one like 5 years back in my last reef tank, and i couldnt get the leather to be happy at all, im a little weary about them....thanks for the thought though, maybe i will try a little frogspawn....

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Oh you should be GOOD to go with FrogSpawn, Hammer Coral or Torch Corals. I have all three in a 12g cube with stock lights (well they are upgraded NOW but thats recent)

DrHank

You could do a nice yellow leather and then sell it to Lynn when it gets too big. She loves yellow leather.

tippMANn98

hey, wait boomer---> were you in on that thread about "sea turtles" on reef central? about that kid that asked about keeping and how big sea turtles would get, are they small enough for his 75?

lcstorc

You could do a nice yellow leather and then sell it to Lynn when it gets too big. She loves yellow leather.

I like this idea. I keep trying to find one locally but so far no luck. Well my lfs has one but it is not very yellow and oddly shaped so I keep waiting and looking.

lcstorc

would you like a yellow finger leather? I seen a couple of those by where i live

Are they really yellow or just kind of brownish yellow? I have only seen the bright yellow a couple of times and love it. What do they go for? May have to take a road trip if you say they are nice.
Oops just realized I am hijacking again.
Sorry.

tippMANn98

I seen one that is really yellow, and some that are more of a tan yellow like you described...they are nice...didnt check the price, I wasnt lookin at them, sorry, if I see them again I will be sure to check for you...I shop at a wholesaler that sells to the public....good prices, cleaner shrimps for $16

lcstorc

Cool. I may have to come visit at some point.
The really yellow is the one I am trying to find. Should have bought the silly thing when I saw it. I was driving home from Miami though and didn't have my cooler with me.