What is this ????

dburkart

My wife took a pic of this in the tank today, it was about three feet long and with a consistency of mucuous. Any ideas ? Everything both fish and coral seem to be OK. I do 15 gallon water changes weekly with RODI water and Tropic Marin Reef salt. I have been dosing with Red Sea NO3:pO4:X for the past month. Nitrates seem to stay around 5PPPM. Tank is Red Sea Max 250.

855815C4-15ED-4E32-A2B3-32AB5617F9D1-2221-0000058888A997B9.jpg

Dave

Doogle

One of my tanks has stuff that resembles it. I don't know exactly what it is, but its fine in my tank.

dburkart

It showed up in a matter of hours and was wrapped around the rock. It really has no weight and is somewhat of a tube.

Dave

theplantman

Almost looks like something in your tank expelling its guts. I have never seen anything like that and it showing up so quick eliminates sponges i would think. What kind of corals are near it?

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Being in the medical field, first thing that I thought was tapeworm. I'm definitely hoping someone can make a good ID. I'm very interested.

Oxylebius

Looks like this is also posted in the Red Sea Max forum..... the conversation on that thread is discussing the type of sponge - if folks want to check it out.