What is the QUIETEST External Pump?

SkyReef

And I mean QUIET. I have an Iwaki MD 40 RT, and in a word: "no way." I can do better, I'm sure of it. I was told that Blueline Velocity T4 was the way to go...but it's been discontinued by the manufacturer...so that leads me to ask again: what is the QUIETEST external pump? I want one, please!

Thanks.

SkyReef

michael_cb_125

If you are wanting a truly silent pump look into the new line Red Dragon Externals or the ATB Flowstar Pumps. Both of these are extremely quiet and use low wattage.

~Michael

SkyReef

Epilogue: I installed my new Dart 3600, and I love it. When I first turned it on, it was so quiet, I thought that it was not running. But it was. If you get up real close, you can hear a tiny whisper of a fan, which is completely undetectable when standing in front of the tank. That's it. No motor whine, at all. It's Q-U-I-E-T! It is so quiet, that I can enjoy the view of the tanks in stunned silence.

I love my new Dart as much as I hated the noise of my Iwaki MD-40 RT. I'm so glad I ditched that Iwaki. For those of you who praise Dart, you were right. Thanks.

brittonv

Greetings, I am currently struggling with a Sicce 5.0 that is causing me a lot of problems with Vibrational noise. Thinking of going to an external pump and was wondering if you could provide an update on this pump and your satisfaction with it.