WHAT in the world IS THIS!!!!??

novanosis

Well I never seen this before!! Looks like a bug, it has two black eyes and a black center with a clear shell. It is attached to the clown. Please dont tell me its a blood sucker!!!

DSC02170.jpg

DSC02172.jpg

DSC02173.jpg

Jeremy0322

Its going to be really hard to tell with the fuzzy pictures, but getting better pictures will also be hard with how fast clowns are...maybe someone will know what it is without the pics, good luck, im clueless :lol:

novanosis

The same species will fasten onto larger fish and eat its way into a major blood vessel where it will remain for some time sucking blood and eating tissue. When sated, it will excavate its way out of the host and swim away.

SeahorseBT

It looks like an isopod. Good to see you back on the forums. I never heard back from you about those T5's. I still have them if you are interested.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
It's a Cirolanid Isopod. It needs to be removed from the fish as it preys on the tissue. Net the fish and gently remove the Isopod or give the fish a freshwater dip. With the dip the isopod should release.

novanosis

It looks like an isopod. Good to see you back on the forums. I never heard back from you about those T5's. I still have them if you are interested.

hey BT! I am sorry about that. Well hang on to them, but if you find a seller let them have it. I could use them for a fuge in the future. Not saying to wait for my fuge. I will grab them.

But sheesh now I am worried about the isopod! Even if I net him and get this guy what makes me think their are no others. Also what in the world is going on? I have not added anything to my tank in 5 months! Now i see this thing? its so alien to me.

novanosis