What heck is THIS!!!!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Re: What Crap is THIS!!!!

Yeah it's a "potential" bill. I'll link you to the other threads about it in a moment.

Phreek

I doubt it will pass,thats just like the bill we recently had here to add a 50 dollar tax to every keg of beer produced...

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM

When had a job, I worked in state government and so can't really state an opinion of a bill one way or the other (as I will work there again).

I will say one thing that is lost on all this is that there is now an established population of lionfish in the Gulf of Mexico that originated in hobbyist aquariums. Besides opposing this bill, I wish the hobby would look at this as an opportunity for education while the subject is on everyone's mind. I am thinking of mandarin fish, anemones and other species like that that the industry pushes without providing suitable habitat.

sambrinar

Lol Al way to step up in Witty's absence.

Jeremy where ya been? As you can see by Al's links there has been tons of threads on this. LoL

sambrinar

I had commented in one of the other million threads about him posting the "school house rock" like 4 times in 5 minutes, so not that observant, Frankie, but thanks for the credit :D

chipmunkofdoom2

Well I personally can't blame them. There's nothing else in the world we have to worry about.

See, if there were.. oh I dunno, say unrest in the Middle East, drug addiction problems at home, unwanted and abused children, historically high unemployment, dependency on foreign oil, global warming, crime, economic crisis, a huge and ever-growing deficit, things of that nature, then the politicians would have some work to do. Fortunately, we don't have ANY of that, so the politicians have to do SOMETHING with their time at the office, instead of getting some *INSERT BAD WORD HERE* work done.

Jeremy0322

Well I personally can't blame them. There's nothing else in the world we have to worry about.

See, if there were.. oh I dunno, say unrest in the Middle East, drug addiction problems at home, unwanted and abused children, historically high unemployment, dependency on foreign oil, global warming, crime, economic crisis, a huge and ever-growing deficit, things of that nature, then the politicians would have some work to do. Fortunately, we don't have ANY of that, so the politicians have to do SOMETHING with their time at the office, instead of getting some *INSERT BAD WORD HERE* work done.

I sense a slight hint of sarcasm here :lol: It will never pass, but it scared me for a second. I was going to have to go buy all my fish like now and then have like 15 quarantine tanks, and that was going to be a super pain in the butt haha

Basile

From what i've red, it wont pass as is. But it could pass with amendments. And some of it coulds actually beneficial with the right amendments.Like Clownfish says , some species are abused. The fact is many get rid of animal, plants and introduces them into the wild with concequences 10-20-30 years in the futur. Some control could make the hobby more responsable.After what i red this morning about cyanide.....Hope Canada folows on that path. I would be more productive if a bill that penalise more Oil Co, when they drop the ball in are shore line and then fight not to pay for long term damages to the wild life. But thats another story....:angel2: