What fish, coral, or invert have you most regretted adding to your tank?

Did you ever get rid or your problem

• Yes

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Basile

For me its my carpet anemone, she ate 3 of my tangs and she keep getting bigger, i don't know how long i can keep her in there.

394.jpg

I write big for my iphone friends

63938_882084685137274_1247587967764705743_n.jpg

Kenya tree, grows like a weed and will take over a tank if you let it. I'm constantly trimming it back and removing its little babies

frisbee

Blue clove polyps, hands down... These things are a nightmare to get rid of. :flaming:

Oxylebius

6-line wrasse. Took out all my fish and was the last fish standing, caught it and gave it back to the lfs.

Joeys Tank

Crabs in my tank. Read posts, discussed in threads, communicated with LR/LS supplier, expressed interest in forgoing even hermits in the tank and was told "they are great additions, you will love them". There are some which are beneficial, but for the most part I would encourage anyone starting out in this hobby to skip them altogher until they gain more experience with CUC.

I have had a few lessons in "awww, look how cute he is ... wait, what are you doing? leave that alone"

sirrealism

A sick harlequin tusk. I did not know it was sick but it had ICK which ended up killing 4 really nice tangs and 2 angels plus some other fish. All in all that sick fish cost me 500$ As far as corals I would say Kenya tree. I cant get rid of it

Basile

Crabs in my tank. Read posts, discussed in threads, communicated with LR/LS supplier, expressed interest in forgoing even hermits in the tank and was told "they are great additions, you will love them". There are some which are beneficial, but for the most part I would encourage anyone starting out in this hobby to skip them altogher until they gain more experience with CUC.

I have had a few lessons in "awww, look how cute he is ... wait, what are you doing? leave that alone"

I agree completely i did my clean up crew (CUC) without any hermiths, i've replaced them with other snails or inverts. Conch for example eat more variety of algaes than any other snails and hermiths put together and they live a long time. Urchins if you have a large tank only and only one per 80 G i say because they're HUGE and i mean HUGE eaters of algaes. They move stuff around because they're hungry, if you leave them dried seaweeds they don't move stuff so much.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
My biggest nightmare (so far!) has been Nuclear Holocaust Palys that hitchhiked into my tank on a couple of frags I purchased. They multiply FAST and will over grow beautiful Acans: so be warned....
9020655a9c4d5f00d2656d61cbeba708_zpsceab91ea.jpg

The worst part of pesky Paly removal is my fear of Palytoxin.
I did get rid of the ones (on the sandbed & climbing the rock) in the picture above. But I had to also toss out the beautiful Acans they grew over. :mad:
This is a good thread to let newbies know what corals to be cautious of getting :thumbup:

Basile

Removal of gsp green star polyp solution here

When i first started my salt water tank i bought a chocolate chip star fish cause i had never seen a star fish in the store and wanted one sooo bad. He ate my entire green star polyp which was so pretty.

I got that star out and gave it to a happy 12 year old girl who had a fish only tank!

Wait a minute here you are saying you have discovered what eats and remove green star polyp , the GSP another plague that lots of poeple are having problems with???​

NJ Reefer

PREMIUM
Seafoam plays - ugly and they grow out of control.
Sandsifting goby - made a mess on all of my corals.
Sailfin Tang - got ich and killed all of the other fish in my tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JJB103

A flame angel and a yellow clown goby. The flame angel took a few months before I noticed him nipping SPS polyps and the clown goby went for my acro polyps within a few days of entering my tank.