What Do YOU See?

SubRosa

If you ever saw an adult the thought of attractiveness would never cross your mind, before or after "AGGRESSIVE & MEAN"!

Pat24601

And it is SO HARD for me to keep my mouth shut when I see that happening. :mad: :ignore: :confused:

I only barely avoided this when I started. My LFS tried to do that to me and fortunately I had read just enough to know that cycles were dangerous to living things and I didn't want to risk harming the fish so I told them I'd figure out another way to do it. I would have never even thought of the aggressive and mean part.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hi Bree,

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :dance:

Fun thread :)

Pat24601

This isn't my story, but someone on these forums was telling a story of how people at an office he was asked to take over aquarium maintenance for were thrilled with the great growth they were getting from these pretty flower things:

Aiptasia-Colony-1024x768.jpg

P.S. I can't remember who it was, or I'd give proper attribution for the story.

newo11

What do YOU see :fishy:
What does a newbie in the LFS see :fishy:
View attachment 43261

I see food for a harlequin shrimp.

I also see one of the more elusive things to keep in a reef tank - a starfish. As a new reefer, I thought these were awesome. After some years in the hobby - I still think they are awesome. Just a royal PITA kind of awesome. The numerous small brittle stars I have now are more awesome (awesome-r ??? :cheers:).

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I see food for a harlequin shrimp.

I also see one of the more elusive things to keep in a reef tank - a starfish. As a new reefer, I thought these were awesome. After some years in the hobby - I still think they are awesome. Just a royal PITA kind of awesome. The numerous small brittle stars I have now are more awesome (awesome-r ??? :cheers:).
I saw a newbie who didn't know what they were: BUYING some at the LFS....I told myself "do NOT say anything" :ignore:....do not even ask if he has a harlequin shrimp to feed them to :ignore:....they were only a couple of bucks for all the LFS employee could pluck out of the tank but still :nono: :confused:

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
This isn't my story, but someone on these forums was telling a story of how people at an office he was asked to take over aquarium maintenance for were thrilled with the great growth they were getting from these pretty flower things:

View attachment 43262

P.S. I can't remember who it was, or I'd give proper attribution for the story.
The local bank has an aquarium on display, LOADED DOWN with only GIANT SIZE Aiptasia. As I was "admiring" it one of the tellers mentioned that the tank was the Bank Owner's Pride & Joy! :rolleyes:
Maybe the guy has more $$$ than sense :winky:
He pays someone for maintenance :eeknew:

Oxylebius

I also see good cuc. But, I'm also remembering back to a time in the 90s when I was emptying a 55g acrylic tank onto the grass in my backyard and 100s of those pink/red worms came out of the crushed shell substrate. They were wigging all over the grass. At the time I couldn't figure out :ponder2: how I had missed noticing 100s of them in the tank (a tank that ran for 4 yrs).

Bree

They are gross!! I know they r good cleaners but I can't help but get chills when I see them crawling out from a hole in my live rock