what do you guys think of my tank. any comments

my tank has been up for about 6 months and im not really getting staggering growth, id like to see alot more . here are some pics please shoot me any questions or comments that you think may help. the one with the large leather is the current pic as of now.

here are my stats:
75 gal w/40 sump roughly 450gph flow, 2 maxi jet 1200s, 2 korilia 3's, glassholes.com 1500 over flow
75lbs of aragonite sand
100lbs live rock with a cavity built in behind to keep detris to a minimun.
plug your ears- a coralife 125 gal skimmer
phosban unit w/ 606 pump
activated carbon unit w/ 606 pump
2- 75 gallon heaters

water stats:
phos-0
amon-0
sal-1.025
temp-79
alk-3.5
cal-450
mag-1300
nitri&nitra-0

lighting stats:
2-250watt metal halide with 14k coralvue moguls. i dont have any actinic on it as of now that is my next step with building a new hood as well. they are on about 8 hours a day. moon lights at night.

fish stats:
1-naso tang 3"
2-mean a** damsels, cant catch them or they would be gone 1"
1-flame angel 3"
1-diamond goby 3"
10-blue leg crabs
4-turbo snails
4-astrea snail
1-serpent starfish
numerous astrea startfish
lots of copods and amphipods in both sump and DT

coral stats:
3-toadstools
1-elephant ear mushroom
30 or so reg. mushrooms, differnt color morphs
5 differnt zoo colonies
2 kenya tree colonies
1 squamosa clam
1 devils hand
10 anenomies, that look like zoos
2 colonies of gsp
5 cabbage corals

feeding stats:

fish get fed formula 1, brine shrimp flake, and reef flake, twice a day
coral get rods food 3 times a week with a little extra for the fish. with dt's 2 times weekly

Attachments

• 06-15-09_1827m.jpg
    06-15-09_1827m.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 117
  • 09-03-09_1800m.jpg
    09-03-09_1800m.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 117

lcstorc

Looks beautiful to me.
You certainly have the corraline going strong.
I guess we would need closer before and after pics of the corals to really say, but the tank in general looks great.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Some tanks even with perfect water parameters can take up to one year before they mature and start to take off. Calm down and enjoy your success so far. Your doing great.

thank you guys very much. i guess seeing it everyday i dont realize how it looks. hopefully i am ready for sps in my next. thanks

i just didnt think i was doing very good. like i said before when you see it everyday and i see the tanks on here it makes me second guess myself. then another guy on here told me stop second guessing. im doing good. that made me feel alot better and im gonna make the move to a specific sps tank , just to give it a try. thanks alot for the moral help guys , it means alot

miaskies

If you want to see coral growth, turn off your skimmer for a while. Also add some actinics and calcium.I stopped using a skimmer a few months back and I have noticed a lot of growth.

well i just added a skimmer less than a month ago. cal. has been at 450 so im not too worried about it. actinics are my next step either 2 t12 110watts or 4 54 watt t5s