What do you Feed your Yellow Tang ? ? ? :)

sambrinar

Cole are you going to get a 100+ tank in 6 months??? If not TAKE HIM BACK or lock youself in the bathroom for 6 months and see how you like it...

IMO you really should RESEARCH before you by. I have noticed that you buy then research, Not a good habbit in this hobby.

This is all I am going to say, b/c I know you, and Cole does what Cole wants despite advice, and you give me a headache. Good luck with the tang

new reefer 03

:threadjack::threadjack::threadjack::threadjack::threadjack::threadjack::threadjack::threadjack::threadjack:

i think my tang may have a minor case of MHLLE, although when i bought him he ate, and looked fine. i guess i just overlooked that ,so now i need to know what i need to feed my tang to get him healthy!
thanks, i know what guidelines to feed him with, but i need some details.
what do i feed, how much, how often?
i was going to do seaweed salad everyother day but i gave it to him last night aswell. also he has eaten some Frozen mysis / brine shrimp ever since i got him, but since he is a herbivore i dont think he needs to eat more than 15% meaty food.
:drool: i read that link on what to feed, and wow now i dont know what to feed it! there is so much more than i though, no offence to my dad, but he is a bad tang feeder :lol: he just feed it frozen mysis, and frozen BS, occasionally some chaeto.
Help please!!! :drool: :confused:

lcstorc

Variety, variety, variety. You would not be healthy or happy to eat the same thing every day and your fish will not be either.
They definitely need seaweed (nori) every day several times a day. Give them as much as they will eat in a few minutes. If you can, grow macro algae in your fuge and move it to the display on occasion for more natural food.

ZAPCOnj

8675309eiiine051.jpg

8675309eiiine052.jpg

as far as i can tell, hes healthy. he has nice color, eats well, doesnt stay in just a corner, and his top fins look good. my only concern is he has a few brown dots by his eyes.

:threadjack::threadjack::threadjack::threadjack::threadjack::threadjack::threadjack::threadjack::threadjack:

i think my tang may have a minor case of MHLLE, although when i bought him he ate, and looked fine. i guess i just overlooked that ,so now i need to know what i need to feed my tang to get him healthy!
thanks, i know what guidelines to feed him with, but i need some details.
what do i feed, how much, how often?
i was going to do seaweed salad everyother day but i gave it to him last night aswell. also he has eaten some Frozen mysis / brine shrimp ever since i got him, but since he is a herbivore i dont think he needs to eat more than 15% meaty food.
:drool: i read that link on what to feed, and wow now i dont know what to feed it! there is so much more than i though, no offence to my dad, but he is a bad tang feeder :lol: he just feed it frozen mysis, and frozen BS, occasionally some chaeto.
Help please!!! :drool: :confused:

Cole People are answering your question in your other thread under your other screen name: http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...9738-hello-does-my-yellowtang-have-mhlle.html

hello first of all, this may be a "strange" first post, but i need an answer :lol:
i bought my tang and had my LFS QT it for 3 weeks, it currently is in my 75g with perfect parameters
pH 8.3
NA, NI, AMM 0
Ca 500
KH 13
mag 1300
i do run carbon, does this affect anything? i guess he had these when i took him from QT, i was just so excited i didnt even check him. the tang has these brownish dot looking things by his eyes, and go along that stripe looking thing, not all the way to his back fin, but i am a little concerned about this. he eats frozen mysis, and seaweed. i havent got him all of his food yet.

here is a pic of a tang off of the WWW, that i took to paint to modify ( not that bad, just an idea of what im talking about )
tang2.jpg

and here is my blurry picture of my tang.
8675309eiiine052.jpg

thanks for everyones help

yungreefer2410

so is the tang sick or what? i had a blue hippo and feed him flake and homemade mush. they also eat my corals food. i took him back awhile ago. is there any tang that would be okay to keep in a 55g? cause i would like to keep one in mine. maybe a chevron tang?

chrome91

i had one for a while before, but he died of age a few months ago. he wouldnt take nori no matter what, only frozen food

new reefer 03

well, i went to petco, and petsmart for some frozen and what not food.
i bought it some
frozen planktin ( SFBB brand )
saltwater multi-pack ~ brine shrimp, emerald entree, squid, and something else. (SFBB Brand )
Green Marine Algae with natural garlic extract ( ocean nutrition Brand )
Formula Two Marine Pellets ( ocean nutrition )
he also has some frozen mysis, frozen brine shrimp, and some other seaweed.

more, less? comments.
thanks!

new reefer 03

as for him being sick, i would think that any tang at a LFS would have a minor case of this from poor nutrition, and stress.
this was mentionned in another thread, and i agree with it, to some extent.
i think i can have him healed up in a month or so??

i also plan on getting him some new life spectrum pellets this weekend.

new reefer 03

i just used a calculator, and checked my microsoft excel. i have spent $984 on salt water related things. plus tax lemme see
+
8.9ish% for tax
=
a grand total of $ 1071.60 roughly. :look: :waa: :waa:

ReefGuy69

OH NO.. never add up your totals. i wont even attempt to anymore. And i wont even let my wife have any idea how much i spend on this stuff.

new reefer 03

haha, tell me about it. i know for my self, but no one else ;) ( besides you guys )

i like this smilie lol :waa: where do the tears go? it should be on the impossiple question thread, :lol:.