what crab is this?

jernst

I don't know if this works. It's so complicated to attach a picture. If you can see it can you tell me what this is and if it is safe for my fish?

crab.jpg

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
You have to have your pics "hosted somewhere" (on a server, uploaded from your PC) you can upload them to RS, but most upload to photobucket

once you get a pic uploaded to a host, right click on the pic & click on COPY IMAGE URL

then just paste that into a post... this this around it

if you get an error I will help, but you have to host them somewhere 1st, they can't just be "atttached"
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...ay-post-pics-photobucket-nanoreefing4fun.html

Here how to load them to RS (hosted here) but it's harder than photobucket imo
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/suggestion-box/86473-how-upload-photos-rs.html

once you get one done... it real easy from then on...

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Congrats ! You got it

now you can also click on the little picture frame ICON ^ about every post, click on from URL & uncheck the little box this works too

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
in photobucket - click on your username, then user settings, then the Albums tab, then click on Upload Options, Customize Upload Options and select

1024x768 (recommended)

then upload the pic again & all pics upload in the future will be large & show details - we love big pics & details

hope this helps

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I was hoping you would jump in with a guess Mike, imo your one of RS best at crab info. Didn't you do a doctorate or something on them ;) Cheers for replying !

Mike Johnson

Thanks, Glenn. Never did complete my doctorate. Did a dissertation on ecdysis. I was a Blue Crab fisherman out of North Carolina and was published on methods to shed Blue Crabs. I had six 4' x 8' tanks. The "sump" was a full size septic tank with a truck load of ancient coral rock out of Virginia. And, the "protein skimmer", which wasn't called that then, was an eight inch, twenty foot long, pipe. That was in the 90's. I was one of the major producers of soft crabs at that time.

Even though my passion is building things, I am a serious science geek.

Mike Johnson

Here's another shed of a still yet to be identified Mithraculus crab. I still have one live one in my tank. It's going on four years old; which is old for a crab. That crab is a monster (maybe 5 inches) now and never has bothered anything. It has red eyes which makes it look even more evil.