We Pay $$ for your Algae Pictures

johnmaloney

$10 cash money (via paypal) for every picture of an algae species we do not currently have in the Nuisance Algae ID Guide, also we need a new picture of diatoms and will be paying for that as well, so if you have a new tank with a brown powdery mess all over the place congrats!!! Send me a photo.

edit: diatoms have been sold, so we dont need that shot anymore

If you want credit for the photo, please write it on the photo, I am the least organized guy you will meet with these things.

Last edited:

johnmaloney

yeah i had gotten lazy and then when it was brought to my attention that the diatoms picture expired it was definitely time to get back on the ball. new info, new photos, etc..

Robzilla

I'm in the process of moving, but maybe I can find the time to search for the pic I took of my ReefCleaners CUC going to town on my diatoms!

johnmaloney

if it is a close up of a different byropsis species than the ones i have i will take it. if you arent sure link me and i will figure it out.. i think i f have plumosa, but to be honest i havent looked at it in awhile. branching algae that isnt byropsis would be great too

johnmaloney

oh awesome, you wouldnt have the unscaled version by any chance would you? my eyes arent as good as they used to be, but i will buy that. not sure it is byropsis and it definitely isnt b. plumosa, (could be byropsis hallae, but my eyes arent ......)

johnmaloney

it is probably something related to cladophora, i have to figure out if the branching is irregular, radial etc.. and I am using a small mobile right now. When I get to a bigger screen I should be able to get you a bit closer.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Hi John - this is Terry - I'm the one that alerted you on your diatom picture link no longer working. If you settle on a picture PM me the link to the new picture and I'll replace the missing one in your Nuisance Algae guide here on Reef Sanctuary.