Way hi calcium levels

Doogle

Wondering if too hi calcium is gonna be a problem and best way to fix it. Use API tests and it was over 800 when I stopped and wasn't at the blue color yet... Dkh is 10-11, phosphate is almost 0.0- sooo close . So I was gonna test again in a bit to make sure. I use insteant ocean salt. Thanks

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
What did u add to the salt mix? If your answer is nothing, I'd buy a different test kit.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Ditto! I've never seen Calc like that before. I would imagine it would have precipitated by that level.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Also double check the "Expiration Date" on the test kit and double check the instructions. I'd take a sample somewhere and have it tested before I started "fixing" it. That number is just way out of whack and as mentioned especially for IO mix.

Doogle

So I tested again. After 20 drps and no blue tint yet I dropped 4 more drops in and it turned blue and not sure if it was as dark as its suppose to be. So I might be a drop or two off. But 13 drops is 520 i think and it adds 20 for each drop. So around 760 Ish

Doogle

Not to fond of API , petsmart can test but I've never done it there and don't know what all they test for, but I might try, they use strips of some kind.

Doogle

Ya they didn't test for calcium.so I'm gonna take a couple samples with me tomorrow when I go to the lfs. If it's still hi what's a good way to lower it?

dmatt88

Buddy ur test kit is wrong I just gotta imagine. Let the lfs test n grab another test kit.

........I have nothing intelligent left to say.

Therapy

+1^ Yep. And like most issues needing correcting...water changes water changes water changes. But I'd be surprised if that was real numbers.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
What are the rest of your test results? If your pH is really low your Calc could be higher w/o precip but that's a LOT of "what if's" happening.

A secondary test and tester is a great idea.

Let's just say IF your calc is that high it's really nothing you need to do anything drastic other than find out why/how it happened. Are your dosing anything?

Doogle

Dkh - 10-11* ....ph- 8.2 ....nitrate -0....phosphate- 0.0ish maybe 0.1 no dosing, I used biozyme a few times, but that's it.

engineer goby

So I tested again. After 20 drps and no blue tint yet I dropped 4 more drops in and it turned blue and not sure if it was as dark as its suppose to be. So I might be a drop or two off. But 13 drops is 520 i think and it adds 20 for each drop. So around 760 Ish

24 Drops using the API kit = 480
Double check your test results

13 Drops would be 260

When the color changes to a uniform color that is the end point. When you are on the verge you will see two colors seperate almost like oil in water, 1 or 2 drops later and its solid. That is your end point.

Doogle

How did I Fraglle that up so friggn bad? U r right ...I was looking at the drop #s and didn't see the right part of the #s and thought 13 was as high as it w supposed to go....thanks guys,..I'm a idiot! So I'm okay....? I mean calcium wise...:smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::help: