WavySea wavemaker on RSM 130D?

jake9015

Hi guys,
Im wondering what your thoughts are on putting one of these on a RSM 130D instead of an Ecotech? Saw one for sale at a good price and hear that they are the Top Of The Line wavemaker! i think i would have trouble mounting but once mounted or figured out it would be awesome. Il post a picture and a link to the product i am referring to. Any input would be amazing! Thanks

jake9015

Also found that even though the Nano stream bracket has not been released yet by this company that Tunze has one built for this product that is readily available.

reefer gladness

I don't think it would be as good as an MP10. The Vortech pumps create a big undertow in addition to a wider stream of water coming out the front compared to a directional nozzle. Not to mention all the fun stuff you can do with 2 MP 10's running on opposite sides of the tank. I ran two of them on my 130D and don't think there's anything else on the market that compares.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Jake you might save some $$ going with that but realize there is a world of difference between the WavySea and a Vortech. You're comparing apples to bananas there. I have to admit that the MP10 is one of the best investments I've made on my RSM130D and if it died today it would be the next thing I purchased again.