Water Flow

Stuart1962

Hi guys, I've been trying all sorts of combinations to direct the outlet flow of my pumps so as it doesn't disturb my sand, does anyone have any pics of their outlets which work well, any advice would be much appreciated.

jvelkgrove

I have the RSM 250 as well. I have the two stock return nozzles aimed towards the surface. I also use 2 MP10's in anti-sink mode for over all flow. Before I added the MP10's I just had to keep moving the two return nozzles into different positions as to not disturb the sand. It also depends on what kind of sand you are using as well. If its a "fine" sand you may have a hard time not disturbing it. I'm sure others will chime in with more information to offer...

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I always had luck with the left hand one pointed up towards the surface and the right side one almost pointing straight out.

Danreef

Mark

Pay attention to this picture. Both returns are alsmost paralell to the tank bottom. Just slightly pointing to the water surface and pointing to the center of the front glass (more or less to give you an idea). Flow crush the front glass and move the water surface and is directed also to the bottom. I also added the WP25 (like a MP40) in the left side (middle up). That moves all the water of the tank. I do not need more pumps. That orientation and probably the sand type helps to avoid sand movements.

My sand has 2 sizes mixed. I did it in purpose. I did not want only small grain sand that will put me crazy with pumps orientation.

Also, you can probably add a bigger grain sand over the one you have. I have read corals are not affected of the dust you will have for some hours. I believe Diana added more sand with corals inside. She can tell.

I hope this helps a little

Daniel

PS: watch the first and last part of this video and see how water moves. At the end you will see the pulsing Xenias and the hammer rocking with the waves (WP25), and no sand movements.

Godly3vil

Danreef, what settings are you running your wp-25 on? I have 1 in my rsm130 and still want more flow but yours looks like it is moving more water.

Mark9

Has been struck by the ban stick
PS: watch the first and last part of this video and see how water moves. At the end you will see the pulsing Xenias and the hammer rocking with the waves (WP25), and no sand movements.

That looks pretty good, real nice movement.