Vortechs and Rsm 250

Well guys, ive been running my mp40w es for about 2 weeks now and im that impressed im going to add a second one in the next couple of weeks. I have also ordered the battery back up which will arrive in my hands tomorrow :).

Question 1: would running an mp10w es be sufficient as the second pump or is it worth paying the extra for 2 40s? if so how do people have them configured and placed on the 250

Question 2: where do people install the battery back up? i was thinking inside the cabinet but was wondering on A) space and B) if i put a chiller in there would the heat impare the battery

all thoughts and input is greatly appreciated

John

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I'd opt for a pair of 40's because you can always dial them down if too much flow but if the 10 isn't enough.. well tough sand :)

Re: Battery placement.. no idea :)

reefer gladness

I'd put the battery backup in the cabinet and plumb the chiller outside the cabinet. Chillers don't work very well inside the cabinet unless you add fans to cool the cabinet also. The hot air that blows out from the back brings the temp inside the cabinet up and increases the temp of the air that is drawn into the chiller making it work twice as long.