VorTech Propeller Pump!!

NaH2O

Contributing Member
These are very cool - I know I posted this to you before, but one drawback I've found is you can't direct your flow like you can with the Tunzes. So, if you needed to angle them or point them to a specific area, if that isn't straight on, you can't do it. The battery backup is the best part. Supposedly, they will be in the same price range as the Tunzes (maybe a little lower?)....but I don't know if anyone really knows for sure. MtnDewMan tried to get on the testing list.

Let me dig up Alberto's (dgasmd) pic of it:

02.jpg

Witfull

i saw these a few months ago,,,i like it very much, i'd like 2 one on each side hooked to a wave maker~

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
I saw the pics Alberto posted about them from MACNA they look very cool, don't know how well they'd work on a wavemaker though.

mps9506

cheeks69 said:
I saw the pics Alberto posted about them from MACNA they look very cool, don't know how well they'd work on a wavemaker though.
They will have a wave controller avaiable for it though. My guess is it will be like the tunze controller.

Kensn

If ya click on Wave controller in Doni's first post, you will see it is a wireless wavemaker that will controll up to tenof the power heads. I think that is pretty nifty...

Melev

I'm looking forward to seeing one in action in a real reef personally. There is quite a thread on RC in the IceCap Forum. Apparently they are working on some type of method to direct the flow, even though it really isn't necessary. The idea is the propellar creates a laminar flow that moves through the entire tank, from what I've read. It isn't like a powerhead.

Plus it is substantially smaller than a Tunze Stream pump, and I have two of those already. I want to put a VorTech at the opposite end of my tank, flowing against the two Stream pumps.

BHinAK

I am SO getting these. I want all my water warming PHs gone. Can you say " Sorry kids no Xbox 360 untill next year."

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
I wonder how they'll work in a shorter tank, I wouldn't want them to tear tissue especially from large Euphyllias or other LPS.

Melev

We'll know soon enough, right? Since it can be ramped down to 100gph and back up to full force, I think it can be tailored to the tank, right?