VorTech Propeller Pump!!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
That is a concern of mine too.. but this statement makes it sound very adjustable!
The VorTech uses the most advanced motor technology available, allowing the water flow rate to be completely controllable. Operating on tanks between 20 and 500 gallons and producing between 100 and 3,000 gallons per hour of flow, the VorTech is the most versatile flow product on the market. The VorTech is designed to operate on gap thickness from 1/8" to 3/4".

Melev

From what I've read, that is the mfg's recommended price. That means vendors can sell for less, and I'm interested to see what they each decide to charge. I saw Champion Lighting's price last night.

BHinAK

Not much chatter about this pump I read Melev's pro's con's about it on his site and watched the video. It's a bummer they want so much for it. Add shipping for me and its almost 4 bills. That's more than my first 3 cars back in the early 80's

BHinAK

Hows your holding up so far. I remember you saying something about fearing someone would pull off the outside half letting the inside prop fall.

BHinAK

If they were to use neodimium magnets it would be pretty tough

Nothing is ever free up here. Hell check some sites some refuse to ship up here and i'm not talking live fish.

Melev

Mine is doing just fine. I did make the suggestion to the mfg to remove the ground wire so that anyone foolish enough to touch it would never do so again.

hehehehe

BHinAK

I sent an e-mail to marine depot to night to see if they are going to carry them. I just got an order from them last week. Bulkheads and pc.... sockets and 2 check vaulves and such. They ship very well doubled boxed and padded.

Is it still the proto type one?

Whats the deal with the ground wire? The motor is DC right.

Melev

Our club (DFWMAS) just ordered about 50 books from Marine Depot, and they were also packed well in packing peanuts. I've never seen books shipped in this way in the past, but ever issue looked perfect. That was pretty nice!

Yes, my pump is a beta-model. Once they are released to the public, I'm going to send mine in for a official pump with the latest updates.

Ground wire: It was a joke.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
The price is high IMO but I will eventually get it. Since I don't have a generator that battery backup is important for me.

BHinAK

I got this e-mail this morning, saturday morning.

Hello Brian,

Thanks for the Email. To my knowledge I I do not think we will be selling The Vortech pump at our facility. We have been selling the pumps you see on our website for a while now and haven’t introduced any other pumps for a while in our selection. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us. Have a great day.

Sincerely,

Ryan L.

If you have any other questions please contact us at:

Tel: 714-385-0080

Fax: 714-385-0180

E-mail: customercare@marinedepot.com