Vortech MP40 what setting mode is best ???????

newinotisville

i have a 90 gal tank 4 foot and i was wondering what settings as well as speed other use in this size of a tank also do you use the night time mode thank you

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
i have a 90 gal tank 4 foot and i was wondering what settings as well as speed other use in this size of a tank also do you use the night time mode thank you

I've got 2 n stick with nutrient transport.

I'm Matt n I hate heaters.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I do use the night mode.....I think the fish and corals like the slowdown at night when the lights are off.

jpsika08

I think the two best modes during the day are Nutrient Mode and Reef Crest, they give nice patterns of flow within the tank.
At night, just constant flow so all inhabitants can rest in peace, RIP lol

Out of curiosity is one mp40 on nutrient transport mode sufficient for a 90 gal? im interested in getting one as well. It seems like any more might be overkill for a 90gal 4ft wide tank which is what I have too :)

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Not overkill at all. U can dim it down. Matter of fact I bet u end up wanting 2.

I'm Matt n I sometimes water my carpet.

tnwillia

+1^... Reef crest on dual MP-40s running anti-sync master/slave at about 60%. My Radions take the MP-40s into & out of night mode as the lights change. Have fun!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Reef Crest here with Night Mode as well.

Re; 90g - I don't think a pair of 40's would be too much for your 90g. The beauty is you don't HAVE to run them at FULL power unless you want to. There's no shame in dialing them down if you feel like it's too much but if you don't have enough you can't TURN EM UP to make more. I'd easily consider putting a pair (or more) into a 90g tank. Once you get them in there and see all the fun you can have running them in SYNC and ANTI-SYNC you'll be glad you got more than one.

carlo

reefcrest, NTM, and long pulse mode (2nd setting at 20-30 seconds intervals). you'd be surprised at the stuff the long pulse mode pulls out from the rock!

Got a 90 G as well... only one MP40 for now (tank is 3X2X2). Flow is fine but when I have the funds I'll be purchasing another.

No night mode for me.

fishhead

fishhead

reefcrest, NTM, and long pulse mode (2nd setting at 20-30 seconds intervals). you'd be surprised at the stuff the long pulse mode pulls out from the rock!

Got a 90 G as well... only one MP40 for now (tank is 3X2X2). Flow is fine but when I have the funds I'll be purchasing another.

No night mode for me.

Are you thinking about another MP40 slave or an MP10?

fishhead

Which is also beneficial as you can hardly hear them when toned down. With 2, they would both be on the low end of the dials most the time.