Video Of First Fish Addition

Hello all - I finally have added my first fish to my tank, a diamond goby, who is quite active. Makes me feel good, that he or she (not sure how to sex these critters) seems so happy. Between reading the different threads from all of you who are experienced in the hobby and taking advice from everyone, I now have something else to watch other than the corals and/or peppermint shrimp who always hides. :)

Hope you enjoy!

EDIT:

I didn't realize it was taking so dang long to load the previous video, so I was able to re-edit and put it out on the yahoo video site instead, seems to load much faster on their servers instead of the server I was coming off of.

Diamond Goby Addition

Lynnette

Last edited:

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Lynette, who would of thought eating sand was good lol, nice vid, thanks for sharing. Steve

Isn't that the truth Steve! And who ever thought we as adults could be intruiged by the simplest things in life. :) Glad you liked the video!!!!

ghostwolf

Hi, Lynette! You will get hours of fun watching your diamond goby "re-landscape" your tank! I also have a diamond that I named "Digger" for just that reason - he loves to dig. We have a 120 and he has re-landscaped all of the dsb for us. Right now I have a "ski slope" left center of my tank where he has burrowed. I have seen him move small rocks and even my cleaner clams when they get in his way.

Lin

Glad everyone enjoys the video! It's funny how you'll record 20 to 30 minutes of footage to pull down to a 2 minute video. But well worth it in my book. :)

Lin - yeah, he's been fun alright, I have a small sand storm going on in my tank, where he's been digging a couple other caves. It's OK though, he seems to be happy. I thought about the name "Digger" seems too appropriate eh? I just thought of a name today because he's a sand sifter, so I think I'm going to call him "Sifty". <heh>

Rebekah - He IS way cool. I'm like a 3 year old all over again and sit in front of the tank for hours on end watching his behavior. Discovered today that he not only likes bloodworms but mysis shrimp too. I hope the trend continues of him taking whatever foods I offer!

Victor, yes, he does seem to like the taste of the building materials, then again, him spitting it out against the glass was too funny. I guess I'm easily amused. :)

Thanks again everyone for checking it out. I edited the first link and was able to put it out on Yahoo Videos instead. Seems to load tons faster and it's a larger size. YAY!

Lynnette