Varga's 300 Gallon In-Wall Build!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a theory, but if you had to choose times to not skim, I would think that more frequent on/off intervals would be better. Just trying to think through it, but I would think that if you left it off for a week, DOCs would build up, then be completely removed when you go on for a week, then build back up, removed etc.

Varga

Very happy with this skimmer so far. Think I just might have to keep it running 24/7

already have about 1/2 gallon of dark dark green :)

Attachments

• skimmer3 [640x480].jpg
    skimmer3 [640x480].jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 205

Varga

Thanks guys.

The real question is how much longer should I wait before putting SPS frags in there? right now I have softies and LPS and they couldn't be happier. should I just go for it? I cant just put one in there to see how it does, I have to buy a pack of 10.

tbittner

Your rock has been stabilizing for a while now so it would probably be pretty safe to add some now. You might want to hold off on adding more fish for another month or so though.

Varga

Thanks Terry.

No plans for new fish. the fish I want are not readily available and cannot buy online since I want to make sure they eat :)

tbittner

If you see the fish you want at Divers Den, you can rest assured that you'll get a healthy fish. They kill you with shipping though. The Achilles that I bought from them came in something like 4 gallons of water! :lol:

Varga

NO kidding! I'm looking for one of those and a Moorish Idol. But I'd like to see them feed before bringing home. My LFS had a HUGE Idol once but it was when I was in between tanks :(

Varga

Just practicing using this camera

Attachments

• 2 [640x480].jpg
    2 [640x480].jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 202
  • 3 [640x480].jpg
    3 [640x480].jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 201
  • 4 [640x480].jpg
    4 [640x480].jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 201