Valentini Puffer?

silver97

I was in Petco the other day and noticed a valentini puffer. It looked really cool, and when I saw it only got to be about 4 inches at its max and only needed a 30 gallon tank I got really excited! My tank is a 40 gallon reef tank.
I've done a bit of research on it and have a few questions
Is it reef safe?
I asked this question on my tank chronicle, but after a few days of no answer decided to ask here. I've heard mixed reviews online of it being reef safe with caution, but again I would like to hear from actual owners with experience. I dont plan on adding it anytime soon, probably in a few months when my tank is more established and when my clowns are a little bigger ( I only have 1 right now, so when I get the other Im going to let it grow a bit). I will also be adding a blenny of some sort (most likely a dusky) a few weeks after my other clown acclimates.
Does it eat a bunch of your corals?
The corals are really what im concerned about though. So far I only have about 30-50 zoas (individual polyps) and a gorgonian. I plan on also getting some xenia and green starburst polyps soon. I am not sure what they will and will not eat, but I know they favor stony corals and thats why I'm possibly scared for my gorgonian.
What about inverts?
I may be getting a cleaner shrimp, not positive yet but the possibility is always there to help reinforce my CUC. I know they love to eat them sometimes. I also heard they have an appetite for snails and hermits, of which my tank has several of each. Will they ignore them if they are big enough? This is the area I've heard the most mixed answers about
I'm not absolutely set on getting one, so I wont necessarily be sad if it doesnt work out, but with my 'small' tank I'd like to view all the possibilities of diversifying my tanks species without being limited to damsels, blennies and chromis :)