upgrading, need tips!

Miltonic

I will be transferring all my current livestock from my 90g to a 180g and I was wondering what would be some good tips to help make this successful, insure everything will make it and prevent a cycle. I have an idea of what I will need like big brute containers to fill with the tank water and place the rock/fish/corals in. Im also wondering what would be the best thing to do use all new sand or try to use my current sandbed? any other methods of doing this would be appreciated.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I'm pretty sure in this type of thing I'd get new sand and possibly use some of the existing (like a few cups full) to seed the new. If you do decide to re-use it will extend the move time because once you have everything out of the tank and in Temp Storage you'll want to clean the sand very thoroughly.

Miltonic

yes thats seems to be the safest way to do it, im just really don't want to cause any sort of cycle. What would recommend rinsing the new said with? since it'll going right in I dont think I want to use tap water. ahh this move is going to kill me :p