Uniseal Test For Those Interested

BLAKEJOHN

That draining pics looks cool... Looks like two long bent glass rods.

But on topic...Your not done testing yet. You need to build a complicated automatic pushing, pulling, and bending rig that can run 24/7. Aslo fill it with saltwater and run a high intensity UV light to help deteriorate them quickly. Run this sytem for 1.5yrs and then report your findings.

Hey if your gonna test them, lets do it right....

Ya know I gotta give you a hard time..... Good work though and I will most likely utilize them in the future. I thank you because I never heard of these seals before.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Lol I don't need to do all that :) my purpose was to see if they could be used as a legitimate replacement for bulkheads in a glass aquarium, many have used them in holding tanks and stock tank type sumps for years on in, so we know they hold up to typical tank considtions.

Here are pictures of 3 of the seals, you can see there is no damage to the inside of the seals, there is a grove on the outside but it's just a crease from the exspansion on the inside of the tank. So all in all no real damage to the seals.

utf-8BSU1HMDAyMjgtMjAxMDA0MTEtMDMyM.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAyMjYtMjAxMDA0MTEtMDMyM.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAyMjUtMjAxMDA0MTEtMDMyM.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAyMjQtMjAxMDA0MTEtMDMyM.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAyMjMtMjAxMDA0MTEtMDMyM.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAyMjItMjAxMDA0MTEtMDMyM.jpg

I plan to use these is my 65hex and my 70 rimless build so there will be a long term test in actual reef conditions once I get these tanks setup.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Thanks, I have seen these used mainly on large stock tanks used as sumps when linking them together the largest I have see in use on a reef was 4".