Trigger in a reef tank

Jorgens

I've read that it's possible to "train" them. The consientious Marine Handbook, and I have an article out of Aquarium Fish Magazine. I understand nature and stuff and I don't want it to leap out of the tank on command. But if their that intilligent, they may be easily influenced.

This may be my biggest mess up of all. But that's haw ya learn. or at least me!!

sunny

i have a clown in my reef tank so far so good for 4mth plus

closeup02LPShill25dec06.jpg

Frankie

RS STAFF
Nice picture sunny! Heres my new picture of my black hawiian.

Attachments

• IMG_6397 (Small).jpg
    IMG_6397 (Small).jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 47

Jorgens

Wow..beautiful Pics guys. Glad im not the only one obsessed in having one in my reef. If mine ever come out of hiding I'll get a shot.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Charlie I don't currently keep shrimp but did have a Pistol shrimp with the Trigger before. The shrimp disappeared but don't know if it was a bad molt or the Fairy wrasse or the trigger got him. What I do know is that he leaves all the snails and hermit crabs alone.

BoomerD

Clown trigger is one of my all time favorites. Unfortunately, far too many are cyanide caught, which is not a good thing. Definitely not what we'd consider reef-safe, they are great in a FOWLR...

Wonderful "personalities", and not usually very aggressive (for triggers) They can be a wonderful addition to a fish-only set-up.

Charlie97L

cheeks69 said:
Charlie I don't currently keep shrimp but did have a Pistol shrimp with the Trigger before. The shrimp disappeared but don't know if it was a bad molt or the Fairy wrasse or the trigger got him. What I do know is that he leaves all the snails and hermit crabs alone.

hmmm... probably the trigger. fairy wrasses are generally shrimp safe.

oh well. nice thought :) maybe if i lose my shrimp out of the blue i'll get one.

ahah.

Tom Owens

Has been struck by the ban stick
Heres my new picture of my black hawiian.

Now that's not very PC. :)

Good looking fish, though!

Regards,
Tom

blondie323

I had a niger as well as a picasso and got rid of both right after I caught them eating my scooter as well asmy crabs. they were both very small 1" when i got them but with REALLY BIG ATTITUDE

Last edited by a moderator:

blondie323

It has been brought to my attention that I mispelled Niger...I apologize if I have offended anyone but it was indeed a typing error. trying to type fast as I am t work and did not want to get caught on the site...so once again I hope I did not offend anyone and If I di I am very very sorry

Frankie

RS STAFF
Thanks for the corection :)
Tom, what did you mean by PC? Thanks for the coment on how hansome he is though :)

dkissane

I have a niger trigger in my reef. Got as a baby and is tank mates with percula clown, scooter blenny, yellow tail damsels, coral banded shrimp, turbo snails, 3 types of mushrooms, 3 colt corals, small colony of zo's, ans a sebae anemone. All os well in there home. I am looking into a pair of blue jaws too.

Cal Native

I wouldn't... even the the Blue Jaw, a friend of mine refused to get rid of his until the damages outweighed his like for the fish.