Torch Coral

baggsy01

Hi everyone i have seen so many posts recently about people having trouble with their corals and everytihing i thought i would put up a positive post :)

my torch coral i bought 4 days ago has grown to about 1 and a half the size it was when i firsh bought it and was wandering if anybody else has had this much success with them and if so what did you do...coral placement? how much flow? feeding? lighting? how deep under the lights is it?

mine is about 2 foot under my 2xT5 lights both 10,000k with 1 actinic blue bulb and 3 white/yellow bulbs and is on the sand bed with indirect flow from my powerhead but still a moderate flow. Also if you could say how long you have had it, how much it has grown, how big it is now and how big it was when you got it. mine has 2 heads so far.

Thanks for any input guys i think it will be intresting to see what people are doing and what results they have got as this is aparantly a hard coral to sustain in an aquarium from what it says online and also I want to see what people are doing so I have a good idea of how to have long term success with this perticular coral as it is my first LPS and from the results i am getting it definatly wont be my last, i look forward to your input!!

BLADEYAMAHA

Hi everyone i have seen so many posts recently about people having trouble with their corals and everytihing i thought i would put up a positive post :)

my torch coral i bought 4 days ago has grown to about 1 and a half the size it was when i firsh bought it and was wandering if anybody else has had this much success with them and if so what did you do...coral placement? how much flow? feeding? lighting? how deep under the lights is it?

mine is about 2 foot under my 2xT5 lights both 10,000k with 1 actinic blue bulb and 3 white/yellow bulbs and is on the sand bed with indirect flow from my powerhead but still a moderate flow. Also if you could say how long you have had it, how much it has grown, how big it is now and how big it was when you got it. mine has 2 heads so far.

Thanks for any input guys i think it will be intresting to see what people are doing and what results they have got as this is aparantly a hard coral to sustain in an aquarium from what it says online and also I want to see what people are doing so I have a good idea of how to have long term success with this perticular coral as it is my first LPS and from the results i am getting it definatly wont be my last, i look forward to your input!!

What is your other lighting than the T5's? Tank Size?

baggsy01

its a 20 gallon cube and that is my only lighting other than some LED's i put on for an hour before lights out.

baggsy01

i dont have any other lighting, just 2 T5 bulbs at 10,000k a piece.
and thanks nanoreefing4fun i love the fact they give the tank movement i could stare at it for hours!

baggsy01

well my coral seems to be doing great and growing so somehow i dont think it is slowly starving to death as i am also adding microplancton to the water every day and it is a filter feeder as well as absorbing light so my 2 bulbs seem to be enough for it, thanks for your opinion tho.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
My torch in now under 6 t'5s, but he lived & thrived under my RSM 130D Lighting 2 x 55W T5 Power Compact for over a year in the sand bed.