torch coral

Surfnut

a little more tank info , flow etc on that general area may help diagnose this a bit easier..

ScubaDrew

Witfull wants me to help, but I need many more details:

- do you have water in the tank?
- what are the parameters?

Thanks! =]

Drew

BEELZEBOB

PICTURES HELP AS WELL.!!!

what do you mean "not great" ?

is it deflated, tissue recession? the more we know the more we can help!

reefman283

all of my chemicals are good and i have other corals are doing good. Sometimes its looking great but other times its deflated. Whats wrong.

BEELZEBOB

again more information is need to even address your question.

a picture will get you instant gratification

framerguy

Telling us the chemicals are good doesn't tell us anything. Details will get you answered more quickly and accurately. What ARE the levels? What kink of flow is the coral in. When does it look good, when does it not. Mine look like pooh when the lights come on then perk up quickly after that. Yours is probably fine, but there's no way for us to tell you that for sure.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Yeah Greg is right on spot there.

Mine have there "down" days where they don't look AS good as usual but they do perk up.

Allen

reefman420

you other corals look,good or allright,are they thriveing or just liveing.You said u have a sun coral,do u spot feed?And what kind of lights are u running,Torch is lps,i dont know if u can keep them under pc's.But i realy dont know.so!!

Melanie

I have a torch and it thrives under T5s. Reefman, post your latest test results, what lights you are using, how often you change the water, what are you using for filtration....the more specific you are, the more people can help. A photo also helps too espcially since you are having difficulty describing how it looks.

InLimbo87

Lots of good questions on what you could look for so far.

Also, do you have any fish that could be picking on it or hosting in it? What about nearby corals that could be stinging it/putting off toxic chemicals?

PEMfish

What lighting do you have?
What kind of flow is around it?
What are your water paramnts?
What exactly is wrong with it.
How far from the lights is it?
How long do you run lights?
What filtration do you have?
What fish/inverts do you have?
Pics would also help.
I and every one else would happily help, if we could.
Good luck. Hope it pulls trough. Happy reef keeping.

lkingsbury

I have the same problem I know this is like a year late... but I have a hammer that stays inflated about 30 min than deflates than 3o min or so later comes back to "life" but not happy looking at all Nitrate, nitrite, and amonnia are 0, ph 7.8 my salinity is high, at 35 ppt. the flow on it is high and its under the filter as well high up. I have 3 65 watt 50 50 corallifes on 10 hrs a day