Torch Coral 'oozing' strings????

livebait

Walked by my tank and noticed my torches tentacles had bunched up at the heads, came back by and it was oozing this brown stringy stuff from both heads. Anyone have any ideas what it is?

100_1117.jpg

livebait

Doesn't look like any of the pics I viewed. It wasn't jelly like or covering the coral but more stringy and appeared to be coming from the center of the heads, right out of the 'mouth'. It's stopped now but the tentacles have retracted almost completely into the skeleton. It's been doing well and making a great recovery since I got it. I moved it from the bottom of the tank up about 2" and attached it to the rockwork yesterday because my goldhead kept digging it up/knocking it over. It was fully expanded this morning as usual and ate the mysis it trapped when I fed the fish. Hope I didn't hurt it when I glued it on the rocks.

cbrownfish

The coral is expelling zooxanthellae. Is this coral new? Many LPS corals will expel zoox as they acclimate to a new environment. If the coral begins to bleach/lighten too much, then move it into a lower light area.

livebait

It's not a new coral. I basically took it from a friend of my daughters after he killed one of the heads. It has been in my system for 3 weeks now and was doing very well. I did move it up yesterday but only 2-3" higher from where it was.