Tooting My Own Horn!

Mya

Oh Frankie.
When I did this weeks water change I completely emptied my refuge and wiped everything out of it with a paper towel. Also got 2 reef socks/filter socks. And put one where the overflow empties into the refuge and another where the skimmer empties into the refuge. Its already catching some stuff but some is also still passing threw. Nothing like it was before tho.

Pics tomorrow when things are open and better... not angry and closed like they are now. Talk to you all then.

Nite.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Oh Frankie.
When I did this weeks water change I completely emptied my refuge and wiped everything out of it with a paper towel. Also got 2 reef socks/filter socks. And put one where the overflow empties into the refuge and another where the skimmer empties into the refuge. Its already catching some stuff but some is also still passing threw. Nothing like it was before tho.

Pics tomorrow when things are open and better... not angry and closed like they are now. Talk to you all then.

Nite.
That's awesome Mya, that is just how I use to do it when I had a smaller sump. I would siphon it out completely, wipe and fill. didn't even touch the reef. :thumbup:
Look forward to the pictures. sweet dreams :)

Mya

Frankie I just saw you're thread on building a skimmer. That things a monster and you did a damn fine job. I was reading about building a DIY skimmer because mine I believe is to small and would like something bigger/over rated for my tank... more the better...

Anyways, pics as promised. I took these same pics using different settings and of course some look better then others but you get an idea of what everything looks like. I got a bunch new Zoa's and of course some things I don't even know the names of. I got some rare Zoa's like Armor of Gods and Lord of the Rings too this week. I got more stuff and frags in the other room... Just trying to figure out what to do with them all.
Blue lights.
Picture031209003.jpg

Picture031209002.jpg

Picture031209002.jpg

Picture031209001.jpg

Picture031209007.jpg

Blue with flash
Picture031209005.jpg

Picture031209006.jpg

All lights.
Picture031209020.jpg

All lights with flash.
Picture031209021.jpg

If anyone knows IDs of anything please feel free to inform me. Or confirm what I have been told or what I think it is.
Thanks.

Mya

Ya, as you can see from the toothpicks... I like it when the stuff grabs on itself and not when I have to glue crap down. Hence, rubber bands and toothpicks are usually present amongst my frags.

Mya

Which ones do you think are fire and ice?
I know I got some Miami Hurricane Zoa's, LoTR, AoGs, Candy Canes purple and green, froggy, hammer, Blood Rain Zoa's... I just dont know what the large one in the back is, what some of the zoa's I have are, I think what you are calling pipe coral... I wasn't sure of either.

Mya

Gave away some of my frags yesterday to a friend that stopped by.

Also cut my anemone in half. Both halfs look to be doing okay thus far.

Got some new odds and ends for my tank. I plan on playing with some hardware and such today.

Ya'll enjoy ur Sunday.

Mya

Thank you.

I placed the two halves in a baby breeder tank that floats inside the display. The 2 halves are getting plenty of light to heal and no one is bothering them inside the tiny box.

I will post up some pics later today.

framerguy

Thank you.

I placed the two halves in a baby breeder tank that floats inside the display. The 2 halves are getting plenty of light to heal and no one is bothering them inside the tiny box.

I will post up some pics later today.
Sweet! You are very brave. I'm scared to death I will kill my stuff when I frag it. Let's play 20 questions....Did you take pics of the process? How did you do it? Did you cut through the mouth? What made you want to do it? Can't wait for the pics.

Mya

Well my friend had to take apart her tank so I got her bubble tip anemone for a steal of a deal. They are suppose to be easy to frag so I figured it wouldnt be a huge loss if I accidentally killed it by hacking it in half.

I finally got him unstuck from the rock he had been chilling in... Took a pair of new sharp scissors and hacked him right threw the middle. Half the foot and half the mouth. It was over in less then 30 sec.I then placed him in his 2 lil selves into his container and got him chilling up there all by himself. Right now Im letting him heal up. Making sure he gets plenty of light and that no one else or nothing else in the tank is bothering him. As soon as he heals up I plan on feeding him a bunch of food and making him all fat again.

The reason also that I hacked him in half was because I have 3 clowns. 2 Maroons and my black one. I know the maroons both love anemones and even tho my black one is now hosting in my candy canes I wanted to make sure that there isnt going to be a fight over one anemone. The black cuddles the candy canes but doesnt host full time in it. I know the maroons are going to flock to the anemone and figured if push comes to shove the 2 maroons can share one and the black get the other or black wont care and just let both maroons have both anemones. Anyway you slice it.. 2 was a better option then one.

Heres the two halves chilling in isolation/healing quarters...
Picture031509001.jpg

Picture031509002.jpg

Mya

No problem about the pics and thanks for being proud.
I have been learning a lot about fragging lately since I want things to grow out and I be able to pass on things to friends and such.

I read that it will double back on itself and heal up the chopped off part. Im gonna keep an eye on it and make sure it keeps looking good.