Too many hairy mushrooms....

AkaSlyGuy

I have let some green hairy mushrooms get out of hand in my tank. They completely cover the top of one of my largest rocks. What would you do? They are rather large and I know that most attempts to cut them off will result in new shrooms from the remaining pieces. I guess I could try to trade the rock for another with someone??? Pic shows rock with shrooms on top left.

Joe

Attachments

• DSC04329 (Custom).JPG
    DSC04329 (Custom).JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 78

DrHank

I agree, however if you feel it is a problem, trading it for a good piece of rock free of mushrooms is an excellent idea. You should have no problem in finding someone who would be happy to trade.

vdituri

Will they move onto smaller rocks if you pile rocks right next to them like zenia? Then you could start selling them back to lfs and/or trading them. don't know if that will work with mushrooms. It worked with my zenia.

Witfull

make them shrivel and them chisel of the sectionof rock that each is attached too. place on sand bed for a week or so till each opens up nicely...sell them for appx 15$ each,,,,,its a profit.

AkaSlyGuy

I appreciate the compliments. I am not sure what I will do. I guess I just have some large pieces that are taking up a lot of space in my aquarium. I bought a couple of new corals this weekend and I had a hard time displaying them the way I would like to because of this. I have a huge frogspawn in the middle of th tank. It is the size of a basketball. Really!!! I know I could make some money breaking it up, but I just can't make myself do it.

Joe

Attachments

• DSC04328 (Custom).JPG
    DSC04328 (Custom).JPG
    47 KB · Views: 58

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
#5 Here! Your FrogSpawn is freaking AWESOME! That's my FAV coral and I only hope and DREAM Mine can thrive like yours. Any tricks/secrets? Mine is doing VERY well so I shouldn't complain but WOW! I gotta give credit where it's due!!

I hope my newly aquired shrooms do as well as yours. They have so much personality that I can sit and watch them react to the light changes day in and out!

Again GREAT tank!!

Allen :)

rDr4g0n

that is INDEED an amazing frogspawn!!!!! it never occured to me how pretty those would be if they were freakin huge lol

AkaSlyGuy

Thanks guys and gals. This tank has a couple other additions since the below pic was taken. It is 100g. Lighting is currently 4 -110watt VHO on Icecap ballast. I have purchased 2 - 250w MH Retro kits with icecap ballasts. Just have to build a taller canopy for it all.

Attachments

• DSC04302 (Custom).JPG
    DSC04302 (Custom).JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 36

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Slyguy, you only have one option you MUST start another tank I rest my case lol. Steve