"Tom's RSM 250"

Msigler

Hows the Xenia and Gsp Tom? No signs of Xenia in my new tank, I kept a small piece of GSP but I have it just sitting on the sand where it can't grab hold of any rock. I definitely agree with you about recommending to people to not add it. I literally had to remove all of my rock and beat it off with a hammer to get rid of it.

tnwillia

Hey Mike, Still there LOL, Your way is the only way I'll ever get rid of it. Be Careful, the GSP will grow on the sand too, I remember seeing a thread on another site where a guy was using GSP to cover his sand and glass for some reason! Have fun!

tnwillia

My rebuilding is complete and here is the final product. It was fun! My first SPS order is due in from Vivid on Thursday.

DSC02703.jpg

DSC02701.jpg

steved13

PREMIUM
Tom, a couple of ??? In the left side of the sump, in the front, what is that small bottle or bag with the tube coming out of it? On your elec cabinet, above the batteries, is that the 2 transformers for the Radions? And above them...a co2 scrubber?

Looks great!

Skimmer looks like it is working great. How many days of skimmate is that?

Is that second chamber on the reactor to off gas the water before it heads back or just extra capacity?

Really nice setup, Just needs a little more glass up top :)

-JOHN

tnwillia

Thanks all for the kind comments!

Hey Steve, It's a bag of Carbon in the sump, Yes the two above the Battery back-ups are the Radion Power supplies, The can above is the air dryer for my Ozone unit. I do have a CO2 Scrubber I got a ways back I've never use that looks the same I think BRS still sells the cartidges for it but I've not looked in a while..

Hey John, That is a week in the skimmer cup, I clean it at water changes weekly, I've had far less crap in there running the Ozone. Not sure which reactor your talking about, My Calcium reactor has a secondary reactor setting behind it that let me bring the effluent back up towards the tank level of 8.3 before it gets to the tank. Jeff says it's not really needed with his reactor but I got it for the future. I have a built in PH probe on the main reactor where I measure and control my 6.5 PH level. The Red body reactor is my Bio-Pellet reactor.

Thanks again!

steved13

PREMIUM
Thanks Tom, I forgot you were running ozone. I saw a few posts on another forum of people complaing about the size of the transformers on the Radions, they don't look too big to me. The AI transformers get a little warmer than I would have expected, probably Ecotec made them larger to combat the heat (good idea IMO, if that's the case).

tnwillia

Hey Steve they do get "warm" but nothing near hot, they are very well make "solid" and have both ventilation & cooling fins on the body. They built them to be "mounted" along the Battery Back-up idea. Thanks!

Built347

Has been struck by the ban stick
Its hard to keep up with everybody's tanks... your post reminded me.. tank looks awesome.. I love the new setup underneath.

Sent from my BatPhone using Tapatalk

My Calcium reactor has a secondary reactor setting behind it that let me bring the effluent back up towards the tank level of 8.3 before it gets to the tank. Jeff says it's not really needed with his reactor but I got it for the future. I have a built in PH probe on the main reactor where I measure and control my 6.5 PH level.

Thanks. Thats the one i was asking about. I wonder why his doesn't cause PH issues and the others do.

Glad to see the Ozone is paying off.

-JOHN