toadstool lighting.

I am interested in looking into a toadstool and was very interested in hearing what type of lighting you guys keep yours in. i would like to see the extremes so everyone chime in.

CoralNerd

Hello There!!
My boyfriend has a geentip toadstool under power compacts, it lived fine under stock biocube lights 2x36w, but is now under a light upgrade 3x36w. F.I.Y- Get the greentip toadstool over the brown one, just because the green one looks alot better. Hope this info helped. Good Luck!!:clink:
- CoralNerd..

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Toadstool Mushroom Leather Coral, Green
(Sarcophyton sp.)
STATS
Care Level: Easy
Temperament: Peaceful
Lighting: Moderate to High
Waterflow: Medium
Water Conditions: 72-78° F, dKH 8-12, pH 8.1-8.4, sg 1.023-1.025

I've got 3 different ones in my tank here at the house. They are: under MH, under T5 and one is even in almost complete shadow.

As for which is prettier :LOL: I've got both... the Green Tipped are brighter but the brown grow probably 5x faster. It's up to you but Toadstool are GREAT coral. Just read up on them and their "quirks" because they have a lot of personality. They POUT so you want to know that ahead of time. THEY ROCK :)

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
The do throw fits lol, I have kept the browns under power compacts and it looked great, it was the same type Rusty is selling on the forum now.

There are some ugly or less attractive brown toadstools but I like the type Rusty is selling better than the greens.

What type of light do you have?

i am actually going to get 3 off of rusty for three tanks one for a 10 g nano at the time being with 36w t8 lighting. for a 40 with 4x54 t5 lighting, and a 75 with a mh 250w and t5 supplemented i guess i will have to find the larger tank that has better success to keep them in for the life of them.

fishhead

i am actually going to get 3 off of rusty for three tanks one for a 10 g nano at the time being with 36w t8 lighting. for a 40 with 4x54 t5 lighting, and a 75 with a mh 250w and t5 supplemented i guess i will have to find the larger tank that has better success to keep them in for the life of them.

T5, T8, MH are all perfectly suitable to have toadstool leathers. I have some under MH and some under T5. Both are doing great.

cioutlaw

By far my favorite coral. I keep mine under 250w metal halides.

DSC02657.jpg