To Feed or Not To Feed Corals?

cracker

Hey PufferMike, Do you spot feed, with a turkey baster or say ,turn off the return pump for the night and let the food drift around all night or for a period? You mention Mysis in Your article. Is this what You personally like to feed Your corals? I understand different corals prefer differing size foods. I have a large tank so if I add a cube of piscine I don't think that's over feeding.What about the Folks with smaller tanks? Thanks!

puffermike

Hey PufferMike, Do you spot feed, with a turkey baster or say ,turn off the return pump for the night and let the food drift around all night or for a period? You mention Mysis in Your article. Is this what You personally like to feed Your corals? I understand different corals prefer differing size foods. I have a large tank so if I add a cube of piscine I don't think that's over feeding.What about the Folks with smaller tanks? Thanks!

I just published an article on my feeding methods. You can check it out here cracker!

As far as how much food we can get away with dumping into our tanks I'd say that should be gauged by the individual hobbyist. Small tanks will have less coral (hopefully) and in turn that will be less food to feed. If anyone is worried about over feeding just do very light feedings 2-4 times a week instead of one or two heavy feedings like I do.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics