tiny white stars on glass

NYCreefer

Hundreds of them have been popping up lately ... mag float clears em right up but they come back strong. Any ideas?

Cheers.

NYCreefer

almost forgot

DSC_0372.jpg

Pretty sure they're Hydroid Jellyfish.
pest.jpg

They're like the crawling form of a jelly and are usually eaten up by other tank inhabitants pretty soon after they appear, apparently not too common and pretty interesting to watch.
JellyIDFAQs

NYCreefer

Thanks Pgh - Great ID, they're Hydroid Jellyfish for sure. Seem to have quite the infestation of them, fish don't seem interested either .. was reading a peppermint shrimp might help.

1Reefer

Hey! I have those things too! I never knew what they we're so thanks for that. I have never seen any bad come from them so I wouldn't worry bout it NYCreefer

Luukosian

I only had those for the first couple months after I added rock.....they seem to go away with time. I imagine they go through the attached part of their life cycle then get sucked up into powerheads or eaten by fish.

You're welcome. I'm always looking around at Wetweb and I immediately recognized those creatures from there. Fantastic site, and that's a really great picture you posted. It's so clear.