Time for new lamps - 400w Single Ended

400w MH - Single Ended with four 96w PC Actinics

• Total voters

billyr98

I read the whole thread on the Sanjay's article.. Nice info...
I still want the XM 10ks...

Dave, what watt bulbs are yours?

R.yumaDaddy? said:
Hey Billy a little off topic as I know nothing about halides. I'm sure you thought about changin those PC's to T5's. DO IT and you wont regret it. Actinic PC STIIINK compared to T5's, the colors just jump out. Ill be posting some before and after picks of my 29 gal PC to T5 conversion when I get my frame built this weekend.

My PCs are in a built in canopy by hamilton, i rather not...

Last edited:

Witfull

im running 250's, but bulbs are appx 3" from water. i had the 15k XMs. nice color,,,but PAR rots~

billyr98

got ya... looks like i will order them tonight and maybe just have my hamiton hood a little higher than normal and slowly lower it back into my wood canopy..

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
billyr98 said:
got ya... looks like i will order them tonight and maybe just have my hamiton hood a little higher than normal and slowly lower it back into my wood canopy..

Make sure you post some before/after pics :)

billyr98

ok robert... Lamps ordered...

I am changing my actinic lighting too... i am running four 96w PCs.. and i am going with four 54w T5HO URI (rated for 85w) on a Icecap 660...

So major lighting change :)

Witfull

my XM 10k's should be in monday, ill hook them up to see how they do, BUT!

before laving for MACNA i will pull them and put the old ones back in,,,,dont want any surprises while im gone!!!

Witfull

my new bulbs went in last night for 2 hours,,,,they are bright white and bright,,,i like, i like~

blue_eyes53813

OK I have to ask..... Is XM just a brand name? what exactly is XM? I always use ushio 10k and 20k mix... Single end.... would I beable to get XM...?

blue_eyes53813

Witfull said:
my new bulbs went in last night for 2 hours,,,,they are bright white and bright,,,i like, i like~

Are you still satisfied with your XM bulbs? I have to be ordering some new bulbs here soon..