Tiger Pistol Shrimp Questions

ChitownRomeo

Hey everyone. So I have a tiger pistol shrimp and was wondering would It kill cleaner shrimp or emerald crabs. Right now him and the YWG are on a Mysis shrimp diet. They pretty much keep to themselves. Any thoughts?

Choff

Results may vary, but my tiger has knocked out countless shrimp.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Choff

I can't say, I removed my emeralds when I started to lose shrimp thinking they were the culprits.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
My tiger pistol and my blood red fire shrimp have lived peacefully for over a year. It only pops my hermits when they wander in to his cave. They use their pistol to protect their territory more than to hunt. Mine are in a 16g nano too so they are in close quarters.

You're going to get experience of one person on most comments. When you get lots of different opinions, I'd go with the recommendations here. They've never steered me wrong.
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=497+525+1148&pcatid=1148

Dking271

It is natural for them to prey on ornamental and cleaner shrimp. Mine popped my Fire Red shrimp, but hasn't managed to get the Emerald Crab. I think the Emerald Crab has better defenses, and I rarely see him in the sand. He also moves pretty fast if the shrimp is anywhere near him.