This ? Is for Matt and engineergoby and anybody else.

I read a lot of ur post and some what look to u guys as a mentor. I know Matt loves beer and always Is messing with his tank. As I'm the same. Do u guys wear gloves when u do. Or just go bare skin in the tank. ?

engineer goby

Has been struck by the ban stick
I go bare hands but sometimes I wear hospital gloves. I want to buy a pair of those gloves that go shoulder high. I don't like how the salt water dries out my skin nor do I like the stings of bristle worms and the occasional pinch from a crab.

I'm a big fan of beer and whiskey. Devon aka Built enjoys some herbal fixes and Bill is a fan of white whine spritzers and his own nose candy

sk8rdn

I go bare hands but sometimes I wear hospital gloves. I want to buy a pair of those gloves that go shoulder high. I don't like how the salt water dries out my skin nor do I like the stings of bristle worms and the occasional pinch from a crab.

I'm a big fan of beer and whiskey. Devon aka Built enjoys some herbal fixes and Bill is a fan of white whine spritzers and his own nose candy

Gloves are for girls & pansies... I'm allergic to everything in this hobby, and I don't wear them. You must just have delicate hands and a low tolerance to pain.... :D

And for the record, I'm a JD/Jager (straight up) kind of gal...

...Moving On, Moving On...

tekjunkie28

I wear gloves when dealing with live rock and coral but for everything else no. But u should. Seems like wearing gloves in this hobby is like using hearing protection while mowing grass, it's a great idea but no one does it.

Doogle

Lol, are you wondering if it's okay to be drunk and mess with your tank? Admitting these guys are your mentors is a cry for help, but we are here for you.:crown: lol:LOL:

dmatt88

Haha. I go bareback when messing with the tank. Course I've got the scars to prove it. Wear gloves and eye protection. Also a condom. A raincoat would b prudent as well. As for drinking and reefing how do u pass up moving that zoa rock to catch more actinics.

...........its 5:00 somewhere

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
I strongly suggest wearing gloves for your own personal safety. Just because some of us like to reef nekkid doesn't mean we should.

blackwater

i havn't worn gloves yet, but my hands are pretty rough from work. alot of scars and tough tissue lol. i dont think i can look at a single knuckle that is scare free.

Willie McDaries

I have a pair of reefing gloves and rarely use them,depends on what I will be handling in the tank,though I have little concern for my well being,it is a good idea to use they so to not get stuff from your hands/arms in the water that could possible harm the critters in there

FCatCH76

take it from someone who spent three days in the ICU from palytoxin poisoning, wear your gloves! Plus you should at least rinse your hands/ arms off before taking a dip. You have no idea the types of bacteria that live within hair.

dmatt88

Devon has gloves from the auto parts store. Non powdered variety.

..........its 5:00 somewhere