Thinking about selling my Tunze 9010 skimmer

saltwaterreef

FS: Tunze 9010 skimmer with extension kit.

Tunze 9010 skimmer with extension kit for in sump use. It is currently on my 75 gal reef, works great but looking at a new larger tank setup with all new equipment. Letting it go for $200.00 shipped.

Here are the specs from marine depot. Make sure you select the 9010 from the drop down list for the correct details.

Actual pictures:

tunze_front.jpg

tunze_peices.jpg

Last edited:

saltwaterreef

Do you have the extension kit on this or no?

Yes, I have the extension kit, but I do not have the back mount. There is some salt stains on the plastic from sitting in the sump which is normal for the unit. I have the bottom suction cups as well. The unit has been thoroughly cleaned and is ready for use.

Here are some pictures. I have decided to sell it I am asking 200.00 shipped

tunze_front.jpg

tunze_peices.jpg

TylerHaworth

I know Tunze rates this up to 264 Gallons, or something... What would you consider a more realistic rating of how this skimmer performs?

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Hummm... it would work perfect in the sump of my new 60 gallon cube.
Are you interested in any Picassos as a trade?

cbrownfish

They typically have suction cups for the bottom (they mount to the 4 pegs you can see), so you can stick them to a platform or sump bottom. I run 2 9010's and have been very happy with them. As stated, they require very little aside from periodically soaking the pump to remove precipitation and keep it performing at it's peak. You may be able to get 264 gallons of performance but the skimmer cup is fairly small on this skimmer. I would recommend on for 125-150 gallons. I run 9010 X 2 on 200 gallons (TSV).

Here is a link to the parts list if anyone wanted to price any accessories --

TUNZE GmbH High-Tech Aquarium Technology: Catalog[predid]=-infoxspare_3999.999

saltwaterreef

Yes, he is right it does sit on suction cups. It worked great on my 75! Always produced the reef "gravy" :eek:lsmile:

I would love to trade, but need the money for the upgrade.