things that make you go Hmmmmm

ZAPCOnj

Things that make me go Hmmmm....

when the board of directors get frantic about the money being spent in the company and inform us that there will be no bonus or raises then 2 weeks later each of them (7) get a new company car valued at + $60K.

Hmmm....

sambrinar

Things that make me go Hmmmm....

when the board of directors get frantic about the money being spent in the company and inform us that there will be no bonus or raises then 2 weeks later each of them (7) get a new company car valued at + $60K.

Hmmm....

Zappy those are things that can make you go postal... Sorry to hear. We have 2 Copper mine here, owned by the largest copper and gold mining company in the world (I think, I know biggest in US) and they just laid off 1500 people, all with <4 years with the company, whilst the big wigs still make 1mil+ a year...

Makes no sense, "let's fire all the little guys that are digging in the dirt to find the copper, and transporting the dirt to the processing plant, hence making US more money... eh who needs them, let's go golf"

sambrinar

Well it has been a while, been busy at work to keep this one going so here is a boost....

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

or

Why isn't phonetic spelled the way it sounds?

sambrinar

When people say 'it's always the last place you look'. What exactly is that supposed to mean??

Of course it is. Why would you keep looking after you've found it? Do
people do this? Who and where are they? Prolly looking for something they have already found

ReefLady

Staff member
How come there aren't B batteries?

Why is it that when you transport something by car, it's called a shipment, but when you transport something by ship, it's called cargo?

ReefLady

Staff member
Okay, this struck me as odd, but it could be just me. I got my yearly review from my Director today for '08 performance. The review was very good (yay)! However, from a financial perspective, the company has already announced that there will be no increases for people over "x" level, which is fine with me - I make enough, and if taking raises away from the higher level employees means less layoffs, that's cool.
ANYWAY - on the last page of my review, there is a compensation statement attached (always, showing what your increase will be). So, it says, ...based on your 2008 performance, your compensation will increase by $xxx annually on 3/1/09. And it was a very very nice amount. then I see the little asterix next to that line.
Toward the bottom of the page is the corresponding asterix which says something to the effect of "this is what you would have received for a raise if your job band had been eligible to receive one".
Now, isn't that a little cruel? LOL It's not like I didn't know that I wouldn't be getting a raise, but for a moment I got really excited, then my bubble was burst.
I'm not really complaining, it just made me go hmmmm.

Last edited:

sambrinar

Okay, this struck me as odd, but it could be just me. I got my yearly review from my Director today for '08 performance. The review was very good (yay)! However, from a financial perspective, the company has already announced that there will be no increases for people over "x" level, which is fine with me - I make enough, and if taking raises away from the higher level employees means less layoffs, that's cool.
ANYWAY - on the last page of my review, there is a compensation statement attached (always, showing what your increase will be). So, it says, ...based on your 2008 performance, your compensation will increase by $xxx annually on 3/1/09. And it was a very very nice amount. then I see the little asterix next to that line.
Toward the bottom of the page is the corresponding asterix which says something to the effect of "this is what you would have received for a raise if your job band had been eligible to receive one".
Now, isn't that a little cruel? LOL It's not like I didn't know that I wouldn't be getting a raise, but for a moment I got really excited, then my bubble was burst.
I'm not really complaining, it just made me go hmmmm.
That is cruel and unusual punishment, that is like saying,, here is a million dollars I am giving you, just for doing a good job... no, no wait a minute, I think I will keep it... have a good day!!

You have a great attitude Teri, sorry about the raise, they prolly lied anyhow.

The hospital I worked at gave all their employees 15 dollar gift cards and then a list of places they could donate it to, which was all back to the hospital, didn't have to donate it, but it was a suggestion.. shoulda just kept the darn 15 bucks!!

ZAPCOnj

LOL... But that is the first place a beach thug looks and your shoes are easier to take than your cooler!

sambrinar

OK you guys, you aren't supposed to answer the statements,,, stop thinking so hard.. lol Zap has a good point

If buttered toast always lands buttered side down and a cat always lands on its feet, what would happen if you tied a piece of buttered toast on the back of a cat and dropped it?