The Full Tank Shot Thread!!!

framerguy

Wow, those are some beauties!! Here is my latest FTS...and the individual shots I used to make it.
FTS11-11-08.jpg

tankleft.jpg
tankmiddleleft.jpg
tankmiddleright.jpg
tankright.jpg

JoJo

whoa, i dont think we've had so many newcomers post FTS since this thread opened...way to show off you're masterpieces everybody.

Blake-i love how your finger leather stands out. does your clown host the RBTA(or vice versa)? how long has your tank been set up? it doesnt look like your urchin touches the coraline on your rocks, can you get a close up of him?

FLric-omg, thats a gorgeous tank. what type of macro is that growing? it looks like the coral is the only life you have in the tank, is it a frag tank or just a coral only tank. i like the frag holder on the glass was that something you modded?

Ganrin-nice job on the aquascaping, love the caves and such. whats the big coral thats closed up on the right? what type of lighting are you using?

Zegg-thats a nice, new clean tank you have there. what type of gobies are those to the right? have you had any problems with them jumping out since you have aan open top?

Laurent-nice tank, everything looks nice and happy. i see there's some macro in the middle what type is it?

Jon-nice scaping, what size tank is it? i like the sailfin tang. it looks like you have alot of flow in there

Cat-gorgeous tank! is that xenia growing on the glass in the upper right corner?

Greg- :drooool: what else can i say!

BLAKEJOHN

Blake-i love how your finger leather stands out. does your clown host the RBTA(or vice versa)? how long has your tank been set up? it doesnt look like your urchin touches the coraline on your rocks, can you get a close up of him?

I guess the clown hosts the anenome. He spends most of his time in there and always bring food back to it.
It has been up for 8 months
The urchin eats plenty off the rocks. Befor I got him my rocks had a thick layer or two of coraline. And now they look a bit faded in spots and some spots are white. Here is a closeup of the uchin.
spike.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I'm not 100% sure but I believe the Anemone is the host :) I did a quick google and all of the "credible" sources seem to agree it's that way. I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time or the last)

BLAKEJOHN

I really didnt understand the question. I guess the anenome would be the "host" since the clown lives primarily in the anenome. But the clown provides the food for the anenome, so maybe he is the host

framerguy

The anemone is the "host" because the clown is residing in the anemone. If someone stays in your house, you are the host...that's how I remember which way it goes.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Tank looks great Greg, love the rockwork !

The anemone is the "host" because the clown is residing in the anemone. If someone stays in your house, you are the host

Exactly !

But the clown provides the food for the anenome

The Clown does this unitentionally he really is keeping it safe on the Anemone for him to feed later but of course the Anemone takes advantage...lol

chrome91

my 125g, 2 months old. still needs alot of work

and yeah, the wet/dry sump is going soon, ive got a custom 15x15x15 acrylic sump on the way

DSC03160.jpg

CATALYST

whoa, i dont think we've had so many newcomers post FTS since this thread opened...way to show off you're masterpieces everybody.

FLric-omg, thats a gorgeous tank. what type of macro is that growing? it looks like the coral is the only life you have in the tank, is it a frag tank or just a coral only tank. i like the frag holder on the glass was that something you modded?

Ganrin-nice job on the aquascaping, love the caves and such. whats the big coral thats closed up on the right? what type of lighting are you using?

Zegg-thats a nice, new clean tank you have there. what type of gobies are those to the right? have you had any problems with them jumping out since you have aan open top?

Laurent-nice tank, everything looks nice and happy. i see there's some macro in the middle what type is it?

Jon-nice scaping, what size tank is it? i like the sailfin tang. it looks like you have alot of flow in there

Cat-gorgeous tank! is that xenia growing on the glass in the upper right corner?

Greg- :drooool: what else can i say!

I have a frag shelf up there. I separate stuff out and then bring it to the lfs for trade. It had the xenia and some zoos, now it has the frogspawn I just fragged.

JoJo

Nice tanks yall.

Hey Claire, does the anemone give you any problems being so close to other corals?

tigerarmy90

Nice tanks everyone!!!

claire is that you in your avatar? if so its time for you to hit up the mugshot thread... :)

oops, look like you already did!

Ganrin

Thanks, I just did a restack on that mid September, before that the stack on the right half was a little taller, and the large rock on the left end with the anemone was a separate island. I took out a 9in in diameter green carpet because the carpet and the LTA were too close to each other, and moved the large mushroom to the far right end where it was a bit isolated from the other corals.
The large coral on the far right is my Amplexidiscus http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/collectors-corner/38298-my-amplexidiscus-fenestrafer.html it is partially closed in that pic because I fed it before taking the pictures.

Lighting is 2x 175w 15k Kelvin Iawasaki metal halides. The ends of the tank are dim because I am using a 30inch homemade fixture from my old tank on a 48inch tank, Im working on building a canopy that will spred the light better, and add t5 actinics.

Edit---> Prior FTS
fts1aug23.jpg

tigerarmy90

Nice tanks everyone!!!

After an entire year of building and planning my tank has water in it as of tonight!!!!!

first full tank shot with water :)
IMG_0712.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg